Yeti GOBOX Collection

Beard Oil

Love all the comments. Glad this was a fun one. I had a doe scent me day one of hunting the rut. I scrubbed the shit out of that oil but could smell it for days. It was some burnt wood smell so I thought maybe it would be ok. But hell no they knew right away. Obviously I quit wearing it for hunting but I kinda like my wife so gonna keep wearing it. Here's to hoping to find a quicker way to getting rid of it than 3 days in the woods..

Love all the comments. Glad this was a fun one. I had a doe scent me day one of hunting the rut. I scrubbed the shit out of that oil but could smell it for days. It was some burnt wood smell so I thought maybe it would be ok. But hell no they knew right away. Obviously I quit wearing it for hunting but I kinda like my wife so gonna keep wearing it. Here's to hoping to find a quicker way to getting rid of it than 3 days in the woods..
Try using dawn, that is going to remove the oil much better than shampoo or scent away soap.

Gonna make your beard scratchy as hell though 🤷‍♂️

Cant hunt the win

Cant hunt the wind in dense forest exactly. Need tree stands and within 40 yards for bow here. Only have a 40 acres. We arent in one of those great public land states.

Seriously? WI isn't a public land state? That's all I hunt in WI and there is TONS of it.

Cant hunt the win

Cant hunt the wind in dense forest exactly. Need tree stands and within 40 yards for bow here. Only have a 40 acres. We arent in one of those great public land states.
About 24 percent of Minnesota's lands are public lands — more than 12 million acres of state, federal and county lands managed on behalf of citizens.

The DNR manages 5.6 million acres of state lands — about 11 percent of Minnesota's total land area; roughly 1 acre per person.

Minnesota counties manage 2.8 million acres of tax-forfeited state land — about 6 percent of Minnesota's total land area.

About 24 percent of Minnesota's lands are public lands — more than 12 million acres of state, federal and county lands managed on behalf of citizens.

The DNR manages 5.6 million acres of state lands — about 11 percent of Minnesota's total land area; roughly 1 acre per person.

Minnesota counties manage 2.8 million acres of tax-forfeited state land — about 6 percent of Minnesota's total land area.

Very nice info. I'm sure wi has alot of public too. Im hunting a 40 I own with forest. It limits my ability to play the wind if I smell.

Guess I should have left out the public land part. I have my 40 its wooded. Makes hunting the wind tricky with 40 acres.

IMO big mistake (that I made myself for years in MN) to not hunt the wind on private parcels wooded parcels. I only hand a couple stands up and even if I knew the wind was bad I would hunt because that's the day I had to hunt. Yeah its going to be tricky on 40 acres, but hunting it wrong can screw it up for a couple days. Not good if doing the weekend warrior thing. You can use tree hinging to make barriers/trails for multiple access points depending on wind as well. Also, if your neighbors don't pay attention to the wind you can use that to your advantage when they push deer around.

IMO big mistake (that I made myself for years in MN) to not hunt the wind on private parcels wooded parcels. I only hand a couple stands up and even if I knew the wind was bad I would hunt because that's the day I had to hunt. Yeah its going to be tricky on 40 acres, but hunting it wrong can screw it up for a couple days. Not good if doing the weekend warrior thing. You can use tree hinging to make barriers/trails for multiple access points depending on wind as well. Also, if your neighbors don't pay attention to the wind you can use that to your advantage when they push deer around.
That is great advice about the neighbors. They were walking the dog and cutting trees down. Their scent definitely effected things but it was a little late being in the tree when they started at 7am. Guess I need to draw them in at dawn more. I hate kicking something moving stands mid day

The only oil that ever gets in my beard is whatever dribbles off the cheeseburger or fried chicken im eating, or some occasional grease from a delicious pizza. I've had a pretty stout beard for a little over a decade now and I dont do anything to it besides wash it with the same body wash I use for everything else. Doesnt dry out or get itchy...

Back