MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bear rug

Really great! How much did it run you. I hope to shoot one this year and definitely want to do a rug. Also, did you skin out paws and head or let the taxidermist do it?

This year I killed my 4th bear and did the head and paws for the first time... honestly wasn’t a big deal at all.
That's good to hear. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult. Besides I enjoy detailed, some would say tedious, tasks. Congrats on all the bruins bagged!

I like the mouth closed look, I have one open and one closed and I think closed looks way better.

Is it felted, just with no frills?

That's good to hear. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult. Besides I enjoy detailed, some would say tedious, tasks. Congrats on all the bruins bagged!

I've watched hours of youtube bear skinning vids... don't waste your time this is by far the best. He is slow and methodical and does a great job of walking you through everything.

I've watched hours of youtube bear skinning vids... don't waste your time this is by far the best. He is slow and methodical and does a great job of walking you through everything.
Thanks for sharing that, I agree he did an excellent job walking through the process. Good looking rug, JEL.

Reactions: JEL
I might as well have been skinning mine with a sharp rock compared to what this guy does.

I'd like a rug for the dog but not for $1000. I'm way too cheap for that.

I give my bear hides to my Lakota friend. He makes drums from the hide. He says it makes the best drums.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back