Bear lodge mountain near Sundance(MULEDEER)

Hunted the bear lodge MT a couple years ago. Up in the Pines all whitetails, I did see a couple small mulies in a couple open areas. You best bet for mulies in that area is down off the mountain in lower open flats. While I was there tho I did shoot a nice whitetail.

I visit the backside near Aladdin and Alva twice a year. Have hunted many years and I have never seen a mule deer in the area that I hunt. I'm not saying that they are not there, just that I have not seen one. Gobs and Gobs of whitetails.

good luck to all
the dog

The places where I've seen mule deer in the Black Hills N.F.: 1. From the Idol Gulch road south on the Grand Canyon Road, all the way off the forest, including any side roads in more open timber 2. On the south, east, and west sides of Warren Peak, off any roads going east or west off the main paved road up the Peak, in the more open timber 3. The north end of the N.F. on Blue Ridge, Stoney Point, and Harding Gulch As others have said, there are more mule deer on private land in more open country. By the middle of the hunting season hunters have pruned a lot of the bucks off the N.F., so they get harder to find on public land later than about mid-November, despite the rut.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back