Bear Head Taken from Colorado Road Kill

So is smoking weed but you guys found a way around that. That’s a bit more serious than some guy taking a piece of roadkill. It’s not “wrong” in that it’s “immoral”. (Which is the definition of wrong btw) Incest is wrong. Murder is wrong. Picking up roadkill in your state may be illegal, but that doesn’t make it wrong.
Like I said, there's a reason that the law exists, its not to keep law abiding citizens from picking up road kill. Do a little research.

Who? Well, one day years ago out I was out coyote calling in the New Mexico desert close to Mt. Taylor. It was around mid morning and warming up, as I was cruising around on some BLM land hoping to find my next stand as I came around a curve and saw a bunch of buzzards and ravens flying. I pulled up my glass and I even observed a bald eagle in the mix. I couldnt tell what it was, so I decided to get a bit closer. Hell, I'm out coyote calling, I thought I might even find a dog out there by the dead thing.

The road got me to within about 350 yds of this dead thing and now I was able to observe its rump. Through my bino's I could see black hair blowing in the wind. "Holy schit! There's a dead bear out there" I thought. After some more observation, I thought "Man, it sure would be cool to have that skull on a bookshelf" I grabbed my knife. (You're gonna have to forgive me here, as this was a much younger version of myself and I didnt even consider the legality of the event. These days this wouldn't happen) After climbing over the fence and rushing to close the distance to this dead bear, fully prepared to eviscerate this things head, I discovered something. I wish I could have been filmed as I was trotting up. The feeling was about like my prom date riding home after the event with one of her lady friends... No dead bear, someone had shot a feral burro! All black except a white spot on the face. With a feeling of defeat I walked back to my truck. Later on I ended up finding 2 or 3 more of them dead and I did in fact jump some coyotes off of one of the carcasses, but I wasn't able to get a shot off.

So who would cut off a bears head? I know of one 22 or 23 year old dumbass

Also before anyone jumps my case. I had no idea what the wild horse and burro protection act was at the time and had zero clue that It was an act of congress.

LMAO! Is this the worst thing that people have to talk about? The bear was dead, who the hell cares? It is not like someone killed it on purpose and took the head. I get it, it is illegal, but seriously?!!

Who said they cared? I actually said the opposite. Is who cares about what the worst thing you have to talk about? If so, at least get your ducks in a row.

I was one of those guys when I lived in NC. It was legal at the time, not sure if it still is. You could always tell when the rut was kicking, roadkill went up exponentially.

I know between Rifle and Meeker, Colorado you could not go a mile without seeing at least one roadkill of mostly deer but elk too. At night you had to have your eyes glued open because it never fails that you would have a near-miss with deer and elk. They seem to be drawn to headlights. Personally, I think if it is a genuine road kill and you didn't do it deliberately, they should let you take the entire carcass.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back