Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bear Head Taken from Colorado Road Kill

Its illegal, and wrong, but hard to get worked up over this one. It is strange lol, when I first read about it, the article stated that "body parts" were taken, but didn't specifically say what parts. The head was honestly the last thing I would have guessed.

In Colorado you are allowed to harvest the meat from a roadkill just by processing it on the site and contacting CPW (or I think law enforcement) but you are not allowed to take any trophy parts. I can see the reasoning but I too am more worried about blatant poaching.

Oh, I hear you, Doug, no excuses—definitely a problem. I’m still just sort of trying to understand the mentality behind it (once you get past the fact that it’s illegal).

Not surprising. I've see guys with cordless sawzalls cutting heads off of road kill deer and elk a bunch if times. Bear is no different. mtmuley

Not surprising. I've see guys with cordless sawzalls cutting heads off of road kill deer and elk a bunch if times. Bear is no different. mtmuley
I was one of those guys when I lived in NC. It was legal at the time, not sure if it still is. You could always tell when the rut was kicking, roadkill went up exponentially.

Its illegal, and wrong, but hard to get worked up over this one. It is strange lol, when I first read about it, the article stated that "body parts" were taken, but didn't specifically say what parts. The head was honestly the last thing I would have guessed.

Claws and gall bladder would probably be more "valuable" than the head.

ClearCreek

I'm wisconsin you can take anything as long as you report it and take 100% of it with you. Love that law. I grab all kinds of critters for furs, claws, antlers, meat

Illegal yes, but I have a hard time even calling g it wrong in the absence of a purposeful act of poaching.

Illegal yes, but I have a hard time even calling g it wrong in the absence of a purposeful act of poaching.
Its wrong because its illegal, and there's a reason the law is on the books. I'm not arguing with you, its not something I really care about. I agree with your sentiment

Probably some city guy thought it would be cool to have a bear skull. Really not a big deal. It can end up in the land fill or on someone’s coffee table. May as well be a coffee table
Yep! We’ve got too many weird laws in this country. I couldn’t care less if a guy takes a bears head. I mean it’s gonna lay there and rot till a cleanup crew hauls it off or the vultures pick it clean.

Its wrong because its illegal, and there's a reason the law is on the books. I'm not arguing with you, its not something I really care about. I agree with your sentiment
So is smoking weed but you guys found a way around that. That’s a bit more serious than some guy taking a piece of roadkill. It’s not “wrong” in that it’s “immoral”. (Which is the definition of wrong btw) Incest is wrong. Murder is wrong. Picking up roadkill in your state may be illegal, but that doesn’t make it wrong.

We have the same law for dead head hog deer, if you want it you have to hang your tag on it. I opposed it until I realised a lot of guys were shooting them, letting them rot and "finding them".

Having said that picked up off the side of the road, eh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back