Caribou Gear

Be careful with your smokers.

Get an electric one that YOU have to feed. That forces you to keep track of it and not set it and forget it :). I get it, people are lazy these days....so these auto feeders are popular....lol

Interesting timing.

I know absolutely ZERO about smokers....but starting to think about getting one.
Buddy has been telling me the less expensive Pitboss models are better built than the Traegers of similar price.
I just want to ease in to the smoking thing without blowing a wad of money. But also want to buy quality.
Whats the deal with this flaming issue?
Yeah, I know...tons of threads, info galore on-line. Interested in opinions from my Bro's.
I'd rather not start off burning my property.😁

We just finished eating after I finished it off in the oven. Thanks to my cat like reflexes of hooking the rack with a bungee cord and slingshotting the pork butt into the snow bank while my sleeves were ablaze. My wife was like why the hell would you worry about saving the pork the house was almost on fire. There's just some things women don't understand.

20230129_174603.jpg

I like my smoker, Green Mountain pellet grill, but I need to be better on the cleaning part. I did 8 pork butts for a shooting match and then a few days later I was doing a brisket and hadn't cleaned it. Glad my daughter-in-law went by the house while I was out doing my irrigating, my smoker had switched to a burner. Keep 'em clean..... at least more often than I do.

We just finished eating after I finished it off in the oven. Thanks to my cat like reflexes of hooking the rack with a bungee cord and slingshotting the pork butt into the snow bank while my sleeves were ablaze. My wife was like why the hell would you worry about saving the pork the house was almost on fire. There's just some things women don't understand.

View attachment 262780
Paper plates...my wife's family 👍
My family abhor. 👎

I get sick of doing dishes.

@WildWill you got s pit boss model in particular I'm pressed for time here with all these sticks I've got stuffed and ready usually I spend several months researching something like this

I’ve got a Green Mountain Grill, but it’s one of the older models. Was at my neighbor’s shop the other day and they had some newer ones in, and looks like they’ve done some cost cutting.

Not nearly as well built, and thinner metal than mine.

I’ve got a Green Mountain Grill, but it’s one of the older models. Was at my neighbor’s shop the other day and they had some newer ones in, and looks like they’ve done some cost cutting.

Not nearly as well built, and thinner metal than mine.
My aunt and uncle have had these for years and swear by them.

That’s the ticket right there. I cover my diffuser plate with aluminum foil, and swap it out each cook. Leave enough gunk in there sooner or later it’s gonna burn.
I do the same… and I set my clod if meat on a grate on a sheet pan. Keeps the direct heat off of the meat AND it keeps the drippings off of the grill. Win-win

I'll buy ya lunch. Be my pleasure.
Depends on when you come through. Peru is closer for me and has more options. Tomorrow I have to be home by 1 to get the wife ready for therapy and I will have to run it by her before I commit. I do have a couple things I need to pick up from town anyway.

Depends on when you come through. Peru is closer for me and has more options. Tomorrow I have to be home by 1 to get the wife ready for therapy and I will have to run it by her before I commit. I do have a couple things I need to pick up from town anyway.
I'll send u a pm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back