Barrel Break-in

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Since this topic comes up often on the forum and I get a lot of questions on such, we decided to do a YouTube clip on barrel break-in procedure. You will get many different suggestions from each different rifle company and most any gunsmith you inquire with, but most will follow close to what you see here. It is only a three-minute clip, so hopefully we did not miss anything for the sake of brevity.

[video=youtube_share;Csy3TwSPuaY]https://youtu.be/Csy3TwSPuaY[/video]

Thanks for watching.

Just watched the video. Good stuff. Would be cool to inside the barrel and all the debris in it after shooting that first round and then again after cleaning it. Thanks for sharing your hunting knowledge with everyone through this site Fin!

Thanks for the insight Fin. Glad you pointed out at the end of the video after you broke in tge barrel was when you would zero. Makes logical sense as to why.

I do it much the same fin...I just don't work as hard as you do for the ammo.;)

I've never had a brand new gun until this year. I read all over the internet and found a hundred different suggestions. What I ended up doing was running a box of Fusion's through 3 rounds at a time, cleaning well after each group, up until a box was through. Then I proceeded to sight in my scope. I probably didn't cool my barrel enough after each group but as stated, I couldn't find an agreed upon procedure. She was shooting well last time I went out so I'm assuming I'll be fine. Thanks for the video though, nice to see it laid out clearly (which stuff online isn't always clear..;)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back