Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Barnes TTSX VS Nosler E-Tip

Ridgerider

I have been finding some poor quality control coming from the Barnes Factory Ammo, mostly small dings in the casings. These could be seconds that they are shipping out because of the ammo shortage... It does not seem to be too major yet, but I am seeing more and more bad reviews from what was a solid product. I am now looking at the Nosler E-Tip for my 7mm Rem Mag elk gun. I am wondering what everyone thinks of the Nosler E-tip 150 grain compared to the Barnes TTSX 150 grain. Thanks!

I have been finding some poor quality control coming from the Barnes Factory Ammo, mostly small dings in the casings. These could be seconds that they are shipping out because of the ammo shortage... It does not seem to be too major yet, but I am seeing more and more bad reviews from what was a solid product. I am now looking at the Nosler E-Tip for my 7mm Rem Mag elk gun. I am wondering what everyone thinks of the Nosler E-tip 150 grain compared to the Barnes TTSX 150 grain. Thanks!
How do these "bad" rounds from Barnes shoot if the damage is just minor dings in the cases? If they shoot ok then whats to worry about?

What does/did Barnes have to say about the poor quality ammo?

Etips shoot great out of my 300 win mag but I load my ammo.

I use TTSX when I switched to "unleaded". I always loaded Nosler but could not find E Tips when I made the switch years ago and Barnes was always in stock. Now I can't even find Barnes in stock. I would figure which shoots the best if you can find them. They are both great bullets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back