Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Bankrupt Gun Maker Remington Outdoor to be Broken Up and Sold

Have a couple older 870s, an 1100 Special Field, a 673 Guide Gun and a couple older 700s. It’s San to see the direction they went in the last few years.
I don’t even research Remington when I’m looking for a new rifle.

Anybody have any insight about the H&R line maybe get a revamp with the spinoff? Those handi-rifles are pretty reasonable for a first time rifle. Hell is still shoot my .223 a lot. And my ML is a H&R Sidekick. Hoping they keep up the line.

It's a sad day for sure, always wanted a 700, but the last few years heard a lot of negative things about them,(newer ones that is), and never found a good used one that i liked either, unless they were safe queens and people wanted over the top dollar for them. As of this post, Ruger has officially announced it's take over of Marlin Firearms.

Ruger taking Marlin is likely to be good news for both brands. We'll see on the rest. Not sure what happens to big green. Between their QC going downhill (Lots of issues on newer 870s having rough chambers/sloppy machining, rough finish work on 700's, etc) once they became a victim of vulture capitalism and bringing back some really bad ideas like the R51, I'd rather have Ruger at the helm of a venerable old lady like Marlin than another round of what they went through.

Shot this 4-shot group out of my Rem 700 this evening. Had another group just like it. Bone stock. Made last year. Bought new for $380.
B87545E9-61F0-4DDA-8F4A-13F25D70F835.jpeg

Love my 870. Dispised my old 7400.

Cheap Corelokts have been very good to me over the years.

Any word yet on Barnes? (Who owns Federal?)

Vista Outdoors owns Federal and many others in the industry. Sounds like Sierra got the bid to buy Barnes.

I like this too
I’m not really sure. I feel like Sierra makes some solid products although they seem to be slow to grasp new technology. Wasn’t it only a couple years ago they added plastic tips to the GameKing and MatchKing lines? I really hope they continue to do great things and with the new acquisition of Barnes. I guess I’m paranoid a bit but I have spent a good chunk of change on Barnes doing load development over the past few years. With the prices they have for their bullets, I’d really hate to panic buy Barnes!

Remington is hit and miss with me. It’s been hard to find someone who’s a bigger fan of the 870 than I, but their various semi-autos never interested me. I like going over used rifle racks and can appreciate an older Remington bolt action, but somewhere they lost me and haven’t ever owned one. I do appreciate their old walnut stocked rimfires and have a handful of models on my wishlist. It is sad to see such an iconic brand in this condition, though.

I’m not really sure. I feel like Sierra makes some solid products although they seem to be slow to grasp new technology. Wasn’t it only a couple years ago they added plastic tips to the GameKing and MatchKing lines? I really hope they continue to do great things and with the new acquisition of Barnes. I guess I’m paranoid a bit but I have spent a good chunk of change on Barnes doing load development over the past few years. With the prices they have for their bullets, I’d really hate to panic buy Barnes!
I agree about Sierra being slow on adapting to trends (why do they STILL not have a bonded bullet?), but they are known for being sticklers for quality. I’d rather have quality than trendy, and if it is a new product with Sierra you can have a high confidence level that it will be right

Last edited:
This speaks to a bigger issue. The prevalence and Acceptance of "investment groups" buying almost defunct companies with sole intent to run up debt while milking every penny out of it and then starting the cycle all over again. This is what you get when you allow industry's lobbing to pay law makers to write laws on their behalf.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back