Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bank robber or prostitute?

SteveE

Looking hard at a second job to fund the purchase of a set of swaro 12x50 el's.

I have zero money for this but NEED a pair bad...

So how have people saved up the money to buy high end glass?

I seem to waste any extra money on gas and hunting trips.

Has any one done a lay away plan or something similar?

I thought I read a post about a dealer offering zero interest for a year but can't find it now?

Most importantly :) how the heck do you hide the purchase from the wife??

Any body come up with a long range plan to get into high end glass when you really can't afford it without ending in a divorce?

Schmalts - do you need any dog poop picked up or your lawn mowed? :)

Any and all ideas appreciated -

Last edited:
I sold a big pile of shed antlers to fund some 10x42 SLC's. My girlfriend was totally fine with the purchase as she knew how much time I had spent finding the antlers as well as how much I would use the new glass; plus the new binos will help find more antlers and continue the cycle of finding some good keepers and some for the sell pile.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Bank robber, 'cause we don't want to see you in heels and a short skirt and you will need to be able to hold your head high while spotting game.

PM Sent

I sold a big pile of shed antlers to fund some 10x42 SLC's. My girlfriend was totally fine with the purchase as she knew how much time I had spent finding the antlers as well as how much I would use the new glass; plus the new binos will help find more antlers and continue the cycle of finding some good keepers and some for the sell pile.

This is how I was able to buy my 15x60 Zeiss

Prioritize it. Save try and save $25 a week, sell a few items, flip a few items, be patient and be in a position to take advantage of a deal. They don't show up often, but they do. I got my 8x30 SLC at close to 50% off through a sale and promotion. I got my 10x42 EL at close to 35% the same way.

I'm thinking Bank robber, 'cause we don't want to see you in heels and a short skirt and you will need to be able to hold your head high while spotting game.

PM Sent

Good point!! Hahaa

JrYoung makes a good point about prioritizing. I need to cut back on some scouting trips.

Good idea on selling the shed pile - it is just collecting dust.

Cashing in my bottle of loose coins is usually about $400.

I'm scraping together every penny I can find and ordering them.

Life is short - i will figure out how to pay for it somehow.

I might need to crash on someones couch for a bit when the wife finds out...

I like the idea of robbing a bank,just to give some screwing payback.
But,where does that leave me with the hooker???
Oh ya,this is about quality GLASS....I needs me some of that too!

I hate to break it to you but banks don't keep much money behind the teller line.

Any body come up with a long range plan to get into high end glass when you really can't afford it without ending in a divorce?

Schmalts - do you need any dog poop picked up or your lawn mowed? :)

-

Sorry, I have a 15 year old kid :)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back