Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Banff - Public Land Short

wyoelkfan15

We watched this short film last night from the Banff Film Festival.

I thought her perspective on conservation and public lands is definitely a view point that is under represented. So many Americans are public land owners but never use them, have the opportunity to explore them or flat out care about them.

Something to watch with your social distancing!

@wyoelkfan15 great post. I saw this film at banff as well and I think it perfectly demonstrates why diversity is important in the public land movement.

Colorado has IMHO done a much better job than any other western state in prioritizing diversity. Certainly, on the front end it can be frustrating, I have a hard time listening to some of CPW commissioner Adams comments because she clearly has no idea how much of our wildlife system works... which is fine but she is voting on how it should work going forward. That being said I think she brings much needed perspective to the commission, and I have very much enjoyed her skepticism on some of the more antiquated department policies as I too share that skepticism.

Great little film. It's great getting different perspectives and if all interested parties listen to each other it almost invariably leads to better outcomes for conservation and wildlife.

Back