Caribou Gear

Bananna bread question?

duckhunt

My wife likes to bake alot either casseroles or desserts. Anyway she made banana bread today when I got home from work. I love banana bread. She had the cooling rack on the kitchen table and pulled the bread out of the oven. So I asked her if she was going to put it on the cooling rack and she told me that we have to let it cool down before we put it on the cooling rack. Why in the hell do you let something cool down before you put it on a cooling rack? LOL makes no dam sense to me.

My wife likes to bake alot either casseroles or desserts. Anyway she made banana bread today when I got home from work. I love banana bread. She had the cooling rack on the kitchen table and pulled the bread out of the oven. So I asked her if she was going to put it on the cooling rack and she told me that we have to let it cool down before we put it on the cooling rack. Why in the hell do you let something cool down before you put it on a cooling rack? LOL makes no dam sense to me.
I love banana bread. But why in the hell is your wife baking when it’s 97 degrees out? The water temp was 74 this morning when I was in Harpers ferry.

About 3 weeks ago my wife made me clean her freezer out. We have his and her freezers. Mine has protein, hers has garden things in it. Anyways, she made a banana bread, zucchini bars and a cherry rubharb cobbler. All were sampled before cooling.

Last edited:
My wife likes to dry the dishes after the “heat dry” cycle on the dishwasher dries them. I’ve learned not to try and unload the dishwasher when she’s around because she wants me to double-dry them too. Go figure🤪

My wife likes to dry the dishes after the “heat dry” cycle on the dishwasher dries them. I’ve learned not to try and unload the dishwasher when she’s around because she wants me to double-dry them too. Go figure🤪

My wife opens it up halfway through the dry cycle and dries the tops of the glasses. It's her house. She can do what she wants.

Last edited:
Only attempt to apply the logic of man when in a man camp ... certainly not in wife's kitchen.;)

I’ve caught the Mrs refolding the towels I’ve taken out of the dryer on numerous occasions cuz I didn’t “do it right!” The answer? “sorry Babe” her towels/her rules...and you can’t even eat em!🤷🏻‍♂️

Cooling slightly allows quick breads steam to release from the pan easier. Nonstick stuff kind of negates the need but back in the day it was definitely necessary
I was hoping someone got there before I had to. This is exactly right. Learn to bake yourself up some rustic sourdough and learn you some baking info!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back