PEAX Equipment

ballistic apps

William Christy

Do you use one on your phone? What one? I have 3 installed, but it seems like 4dof is the most comprehensive. Maybe I'm way off base. Which ones are others using and why?

I do hate that I have to have my readers on before taking a shot with it.

Do you use one on your phone? What one? I have 3 installed, but it seems like 4dof is the most comprehensive. Maybe I'm way off base. Which ones are others using and why?

I use Hornady's with 4dof and really like it. I trust is pretty well based on how it has matched up with my range time.

I have Hornady's and Federal's downloaded. I like Federals for cheatsheets but Hornady's for the inputs you can enter to really hone it up

You just going to use the phone or print a card? mtmuley

I use Swarovski app and put a sticker label with common ranges inside the eye piece side of my scope cap. It has worked well for me.

Shooting PRS I used 4DOF for a while and still will occasionally but I finally bought the Applied Ballistics app ($25) and I think it's more accurate because of the custom drag models you can buy in the app. I think they're like .99 cents. AB takes longer to get dialed in but it's worth every penny if you're really reaching out there

I use Hornady. You used to be able to print out a range card but I can’t seem to find that option anymore.

Yeah, readers are a must. To read the dial too.

Pretty easy to read AB too... They have single target mode (screenshot) or dope card style pages

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927-160859_Applied Ballistics.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927-160859_Applied Ballistics.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 9
I use Ballistic AE on iPhone for range stuff. Small laminated paper card with drop table in the field. It was one of the first decent ones when the apps started coming out and I got used to it. Probably would used Hornady 4dof if starting from scratch today.

I have Sierra Infinity on my home computer. Older but works well for my cards. mtmuley

Hornady 4DOF…

From there I make dope cards based off real shooting.

Been using 4dof and sig rangefinder. The rangefinder has an app that I believe uses AB data. They seem pretty close. I think I'll use the rangefinder during hunting season as I can range something out to 700(much further than I intend to shoot) and get my dope that way.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back