ballistic apps

A couple of weeks ago, my friend and I shot at 600 yards with our newish rifles. We decided we wanted to try a little greater distance so, last Saturday, we took two shots each at 748 yards. I had the 3-12 I got from @Greenhorn on my rifle and my friend had a 4-32 on his. I figured my drop from my $10 Shooter app and he calculated his with his Revic BR4. My first shot missed the center by about an inch but his two shots (upper right) were much tighter than mine.

We were each shooting 230 gr Bergers but his were hybrid targets and mine were OTMs. Mine were going a little faster. I am not sure what to make of the difference in splash.

I wear progressive bi-focals, so I have no trouble seeing the tics on the scope or reading my app. I am going to make up a card for my buttstock.

View attachment 241960
I don't see a problem here. Appears you were closer to your point of aim, he wasn't. Good shooting!

A couple of weeks ago, my friend and I shot at 600 yards with our newish rifles. We decided we wanted to try a little greater distance so, last Saturday, we took two shots each at 748 yards. I had the 3-12 I got from @Greenhorn on my rifle and my friend had a 4-32 on his. I figured my drop from my $10 Shooter app and he calculated his with his Revic BR4. My first shot missed the center by about an inch but his two shots (upper right) were much tighter than mine.

We were each shooting 230 gr Bergers but his were hybrid targets and mine were OTMs. Mine were going a little faster. I am not sure what to make of the difference in splash.

I wear progressive bi-focals, so I have no trouble seeing the tics on the scope or reading my app. I am going to make up a card for my buttstock.

View attachment 241960

The 230 hybrids open up a bit quicker than the OTMs IIRC.

Wouldn’t say that two shots is statistically significant on his vs your groups but nice shooting for both of you.

There was a post recently about scope magnification restrictions in future regulations. This is a good example of 12x not being a limitation.

Back