Badlands Customer Service

WoodMoose

in 2004 I bought a Badlands 2200 backpack - different than the current 2200 but a good pack

love that thing - it has done a lot and gone on every hunt boondoggle plus some ever since

it's broke a snap here and lost a pull tab cover a couple of times - they gladly sent them for me to fix

after that elk hunt this past fall, when that 2200 toted half an elk off a mountain it had several issues - a couple of seams started to tear, pulled a strap on the top carry handle off, some zipper pull tabs came off, etc - 7 repairs in all

they fixed her all up very nicely - and all I had to pay was shipping

they claim "Lifetime Warranty" and so far, after 18 years, they still stand behind them

was so impressed I bought another (smaller) pack for local hunts - the Dash

they aren't the cheapest in the world, but they last a LONG time and when they do have issues, they stand behind them

Not only that, they state if it is purchased at a garage sale, they will still honor their warranty. I have a Summit bag, 2800, Bino Max chest harness, etc.

"We don't care what happened, or whose fault it was, we will fix it for free forever. We could care less if you bought it at a garage sale or a gear swap, as long as it says Badlands, it's covered. All we ask is that you use and abuse your pack as much as possible so we can learn how to make our products even better."

I have a 2800 that i bought around 2010. I used the living crap out of it for a number of years. It worked just fine as a day pack, but as soon as i put any weight in it you could tell it was not made for it. I broke straps and zippers during one pack out including the one on top that you grab to lift the whole pack. I sent it in and they fixed it and sent it back. The very next pack out I loaded it up and grabbed that top handle again and it immediately ripped out again. Evidently I was using it beyond what it was made for. Now it sits in a tote in my garage with broken zippers and straps. Not sure if I should send it in again or trash it.

Kinda like what people say about vortex. Doesnt matter how good the warranty is if it breaks every time you try to use it.

i have one and the zippers broke. I sent it back and they returned in about a week all fixed with new zipper.

@geewhiz : I have the exact same pack (2800) and have not had any broken portions and have strapped at least a shoulder within the outer pouch straps and the body of the bag. Bummer you've had the experience(s) you've encountered.
Share pics of the game you've packed out with it and the damage caused (if you have pics) with your shipment to Badlands and call them. I would imagine you are not overpacking the deal though there are limits for any pack, except the illustrious, "green decoy", elite special, MR packs... :ROFLMAO:
My Summit is a very thin ripstop, large carry capacity bag with great support and access points for backcountry packing. Not for packing game. I tore the top ripstop from a zipper stitched run. They replaced my bag entirely.

I have a 2200 and they have fixed a tear and broken zipper. I also have a bino harness that started showing wear points and they replaced it with a new one. I can’t complain. They do stand behind their products.

Not only that, they state if it is purchased at a garage sale, they will still honor their warranty. I have a Summit bag, 2800, Bino Max chest harness, etc.

"We don't care what happened, or whose fault it was, we will fix it for free forever. We could care less if you bought it at a garage sale or a gear swap, as long as it says Badlands, it's covered. All we ask is that you use and abuse your pack as much as possible so we can learn how to make our products even better."
They stand by this I'm proof they fixed my old 2200 for the price of shipping. It was bought 3rd or 4th hand. She's still going strong today and the pack is probably 15 years old.

Kinda like what people say about vortex. Doesnt matter how good the warranty is if it breaks every time you try to use it.

that hasn't been my experience with the 2200 - it's been through a lot and held up nicely - yes, a fix here or there and then this recent renovation, but I know of no other pack in that category with the same sturdiness and then excellent warranty repair

difference between my experience with vortex and badlands - I have plenty of optics better quality then vortex at same/similar price point and same warranty style - not so with badlands, it has outlasted any pack of that size I have used

there may be one out there but I haven't seen it in action

Good to know. I have replaced my old 2200 with the new, will have to send in my old one for a few zipper repairs. I am real bad about paying attention to warranties:(

Just got my 2200 back fixing zippers on the sidewing and the outside pocket. I marked those to be fixed.

Then they went and replaced the homemade paracord zipper pulls I'd made for the other zippers. Some had broke, I had not marked those but they did it anyway. I appreciate the thought but I spent a lot of time making those...1656695911830.png

I have a 2800 that I bought when I started hunting out west. It served me well but I upgraded to a Metcalf a few years ago.
I sent the 2800 in for some minor repairs, without issue, and still have it as a backup

I had a want ads 2200, needed stay pocket repair when I bought it. Warranty fix, good to go. Upgraded to used Sacrifice because of the warranty service, hasn't needed any repairs yet. I still prefer my packframe for hauling meat, the Badlands can carry out the 1st load.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back