Badgers

I have only seen one in the wild. Walking down a gravel road near my house, a relative from the cities states "there is a badger over there", as if this was an everyday occurrence. Too bad I didn't have a camera, as it was posing perfectly for a picture. Have been past there many times and never saw him again

I shot 3 one weekend last year, ranchers hate them , cows brake there legs in the holes they dig. Also shot over 150 gophers that weekend. They also eat rattlesnakes, one tough ombré .

I shot one antelope hunting probably 30 years ago that’s been it. When I first moved to my current house also a long time ago there was one running down our driveway and he went into the culvert. I had my bow so I bent down and was full draw at point blank range. He started attacking the tip of the arrow 😂 I decided right then he was too much of a bad ass to shoot. Have seen a bunch since. I was sitting on my 4 wheeler a few years ago, getting ready to hike into hunt elk southern Idaho and had two fighting next to me and eventually bounce off the 4 wheeler next to my boot. They would run around the sagebrush then engage and start kicking each other’s butt! It was pretty fun to watch. I want to trap a badger but would be happy getting probably just one. There’s not a lot close to where I live though.

I've seen far more hit on the road than I've seen live. Last one I saw live was while antelope hunting as I was walking through some taller sage. We sort of saw each other at the same time about 20 yards away. It immediately bristled up and started growling. I stopped, said something like "Whoa buddy, let's not make this something it doesn't have to be," and gave him / her a wide berth.

We have a fair number of them on our place in south Texas. They do dig big holes in the roads all the time which is aggravating. Neat critters, I have never shot one. Even with all the holes in the road we still don’t see them very often.

I agree with most, I think they are cool critters and add excitement and smiles to the outdoors on the rare occasions when I get to see them. However...when I was a teenager I had summer jobs working at a cemetery. A family of badgers moved in to the nicely manicured grounds and as you can imagine that really wasn't acceptable. We contacted the Game & Fish and were told they couldn't (wouldn't) do anything about it, but we were free to do whatever was necessary. So a few patient early mornings with my old .22 and carefully selected headshots, the "problem" was solved. Only badgers I've ever thought about shooting.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back