PEAX Equipment

Bad week to be a walleye

It WAS a bad week to be a walleye..... I pulled the boat all the way up to Ft. Peck. Only caught one walleye... but it wasn't a bad one. The pike on the other hand were hammering anything you put in the water. Cassidy caught her first.... as did the wife (I am holding hers). They like catching them, but neither one would hold the slimy things.

Had a good trip until we were on the way back to the ramp to head home and the lower unit went out. Ouch.. I guess that is why they say B- break O-out A-another T-thousand.

Good on you and the family Fin.... If you see a sad guy with his thumb out hitching a ride at the end of the ramp next time, feel free to pick me up. ;)

Attachments

• Ft. Peck Walleye Sized.jpg
    Ft. Peck Walleye Sized.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 269
  • Cassidy Pike sized.JPG
    Cassidy Pike sized.JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Jessicas Pike Sized.jpg
    Jessicas Pike Sized.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
I had my Lund 19 years before I had a northern in it, Chop the head and tail off, gut it and put it on the grill, no foil, right on the grill, its very good. I am heading to West Bend and Mobridge S.D. on Saturday for a few days of fishing on the Mo.River.

I've always said anyone who thinks northerns taste as good as walleyes either hasn't eaten walleyes or at least doesn't know how to catch them.If all you can catch is "snot rockets" go ahead and eat them I'll pass. Congrats Randy on some good fishing,it's been very good here too. Hopefully someday our schedules come together to share a boat again.

So did you keep there cheeks randy! I just started keeping them man there perfect sautéed in butter with garlic and onions and some deer tenderloin on the side!!!! I know a lot of guys don't dick with them I thought they were well worth the few seconds it takes to take them off.

Cheeks are delicious. I have only found them worth keeping if the fish are about 22" or better. Otherwise it's not worth it. I love cheeks pan fried and then coated in hotwing sauce.

Back