Bad timing

Djfan

Archery Pronghorn started yesterday here in WY. On Saturday I get out to do one more trip to the range. Can't hit the side of a barn door. Frustrated as all get out.

Turns out my wrapping frayed next to my peep. Had to reset yesterday, so hunting was very minimal. Doing that reset meant that I had to do a ton of shooting. My shoulders were killing me.

Maintain your wraps. They matter.

You mean your peep serving? Even if you don’t do it yourself you need to help yourself in a sense.
Mark your cams, you’ll see if they go out of specs, use a bow square, measure and mark your brace height, mark your knock point height. Turn it the opposite way, use the short end of square to knock and mark kisser, peep, etc.
Now mark your pins on your sight bar, anything you think of you’ll need to remain the same.
If your peep was set it outa be pretty close anyhow. Hope these considerations help you not have some of the issues again. I know the feeling but it’s been a long time and I’m back to straight styks again so I don’t have many issues.

The other thing I should add, this is why most guys have back up bows. If something like a limb broke and you had no backup you’d really be in trouble. Consider that and keep this bow come next new purchase. If the situation happened now, you’d simply switch until you got it figured out. I hope it straightens out quick for you. Take a breather and shoot just a little at time. Don’t pressure yourself into more probs if that makes sense

Don't need a backup, some basic bow tech tips work wonders, whomever up there said measure/mark everything was right. A popped peep serving will have me out of commission for about 10 minutes, assuming I have the little kit in my backpack, if not, 10 minutes from the time I get to the truck.

Learn how to whip server the peep, or even just a series of overhand knots above/below it that can be made to slide. Then tie the peep in

Back