Backyard Rabbit Trapping

cedahm

I have become an unintentional bunny trapper.

this is the scene my son discovered this morning going out to take some cuts before school:

FA56CEF1-A1BD-4BE3-9D17-9E8AF3F1DD03.jpeg1BB6D57A-521A-4826-AE0F-39AD70044135.jpeg

I assume the dog or a fox chased it in there in the middle of the night at some point but it wasn’t chewed up so maybe it just wasn’t very agile.

it gave me some new ideas in my ongoing offensive against the plague of bunnies we have had this year though.

I have become an unintentional bunny trapper.

this is the scene my son discovered this morning going out to take some cuts before school:

View attachment 234986View attachment 234987

I assume the dog or a fox chased it in there in the middle of the night at some point but it wasn’t chewed up so maybe it just wasn’t very agile.

it gave me some new ideas in my ongoing offensive against the plague of bunnies we have had this year though.
I trap the ones at our house with a Marlin Model 60. mtmuley

I trap the ones at our house with a Marlin Model 60. mtmuley
I wish, got a couple in the front yard with a crappy old Walmart pellet gun but it doesn’t have enough oomph so the neighbor 3yo’s got a lesson in ‘the neighbor guy beating a bunny in the driveway with a plastic stock’. That got the pellet gun taken away by my better half. Switched to old crappy arrows (which work great and more apropos for suburbia), but that requires active engagement :) - I think some snares where the dog can’t get at them will be the ticket.

I wish, got a couple in the front yard with a crappy old Walmart pellet gun but it doesn’t have enough oomph so the neighbor 3yo’s got a lesson in ‘the neighbor guy beating a bunny in the driveway with a plastic stock’. That got the pellet gun taken away by my better half. Switched to old crappy arrows (which work great and more apropos for suburbia), but that requires active engagement :) - I think some snares where the dog can’t get at them will be the ticket.
I get it. I have to cull them when the wife isn't home. Do the neighbors still talk to you? mtmuley

Back