Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Backyard Giant

FYT

I posted this in another forum and people liked seeing the pictures: mtmuley, I know you’re on there too so don’t make fun of my repeat post :)

I live in Colorado in the unit that I hunt and am really excited about my deer tag this year. Well, yesterday morning I got even more excited when I saw this giant milling around in the brush behind my backyard fence. He was with another smaller 3x4, but this guy is gonna be a giant come fall.

What really struck me about both animals was how beautiful their summer coats were- such a lush brown and so full. I saw a TON of deer this spring, more than normal because of all of the snow we got, and those coats are so dang mangy in the spring, it was cool to see such a beautiful, big-bodied animal with such a gorgeous coat.

Second pic is of the smaller 3x4, who is already a shooter if you ask me, but will be a really really nice deer in a few years too.

Attachments

• 17E890D8-675D-4D1A-A6BC-364410A78AC2.jpeg
    17E890D8-675D-4D1A-A6BC-364410A78AC2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 193
  • AD54CE05-4ECC-4803-B26C-B7B6E93802F0.jpeg
    AD54CE05-4ECC-4803-B26C-B7B6E93802F0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 189
THATS A TANK FOR SURE! Good looking buck. Come hunting season as usual he will be no where to be found. He just came around to get you excited. 😂

Reactions: FYT
Nice deer. With all the rain there's probably going to be some giants coming out of Colorado this year.

That is a bruiser of a buck. Hopefully you'll be able to capture additional photos of him throughout the summer.

Funny I just took a back pack trip with the family and saw some really nice deer, deep forks on both sides. And that’s it, forks on both sides.... haha San Diego, gotta love it. That’s a sweet deer right there. Big body. Good luck

Back