MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Backyard Coyote(s)

Tiredofthebickering

Do y'all worry about this much with kids? I don't have any pets (currently) but have 3 kiddos aged 4, 8, and 11. I have a trail cam set up about 60 yards from my backdoor in some brush and trees were a few does like to wander through on occasion. It's cool to show the kids the videos and even got to show them a young fawn. However, when I pulled the card a couple days ago it looks like a coyote has visited the are a few times in the last week or so, twice at night but at least once during the daytime.

Growing up we had coyotes, cats, and bear on our 2 acres. Was never super worried about it but we had dogs so they were usually around at night when the dogs were in. Always made sure to round corners slowly at night though.

There's a pack running around the neighborhood. I'm not terribly concerned about them. The fawns & turkey poults are on their own though. Dogs are about 75 pounds each, and they're in the fence at night. I'd be a touch concerned about disease making those song dogs more likely to look at the 4 year old as prey than anything else, but by and large, they're cowards who would rather avoid humans than go after us.
DSCF0027.JPG

Do y'all worry about this much with kids? I don't have any pets (currently) but have 3 kiddos aged 4, 8, and 11. I have a trail cam set up about 60 yards from my backdoor in some brush and trees were a few does like to wander through on occasion. It's cool to show the kids the videos and even got to show them a young fawn. However, when I pulled the card a couple days ago it looks like a coyote has visited the are a few times in the last week or so, twice at night but at least once during the daytime.

I have three daughters, 9, 5, and 3, and we have coyotes, lions, bobcats, and bears. The predators are a little concerning with small children. I keep an eye on the kids when they're outside and I make sure the dogs are with them too, they're pretty protective of the property. I also have a new .22mag that puts the entire back of the property in range, so the coyotes better watch out...

They are howling nightly around my house. The lab growls a little here and there when they get real close..

I am waiting for one of them to show its face in the daylight. I would only be concerned is one showed its face during daylight hours. And that would likely prove to be very fatal for it. lol

Grew up in the sticks and live here now never been to worried about coyotes. I have some pretty thick woods around my house and a very adventurous 4 and 5 year old. Our main concern are copperheads I probably kill 1or 2 a year in the yard and scorpions. Wouldn't worry to much about the kids with coyotes, smaller pets could be at risk though.

One day my kids and my nephew came running in the house to show us there new pets, 4 fat scorpions in a tuber wear container. There mothers were unimpressed.

We have coyotes and some bear behind the house. Never once was I worried and my boys played in the woods constantly. Of course most of the years we did have a dog in the back yard. Kids make so much noise while playing and most animals will avoid human contact if at all possible so it really never concerned me

Kids no, pets and wildlife yes. We lost a cat earlier this year to some predator. Coyote sightings are pretty rare around here, but we see foxes every so often, and last week this guy was in our trees:

Attachments

• EDD70F6C-4A29-4583-97D7-235FF218BF57.jpeg
    EDD70F6C-4A29-4583-97D7-235FF218BF57.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 7
We had lots of “city yotes” when I lived in Raleigh. I never really gave them much thought. Here’s a pic of one that was in my driveway in downtown Raleigh when I came home one night. He didn’t look to be in too good of shape.

1627425155318.jpeg

We have lots of coyotes and all of my kids were born and now raised to at least teenager status with no issues ha ha. Can't say the same some our chickens and a few barn cats over the years. I did notice a lot less fawns last spring , so I have trapped and shot a few recently around our house. I would have little to no concern for the kids and coyotes.

Coyotes are a given here, if you aren't seeing yotes something is wrong with the balance of nature...
Also my "bird dogs" let out a warning whenever a predator comes to visit! 💥

Attachments

• CLUSTER OF ROADRUNNERS (1).jpg
    CLUSTER OF ROADRUNNERS (1).jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 3
Coyotes ate all our barn cats (about 12) except one little all black female. Seemed like one day they were all gone. Did see and kill some that had mange bad. Almost hairless nasty looking critters.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back