Backpack hunting for elk....

Horn Seeker.. TK is hunting Idaho.... ALL neck meat and RIB meat must leave the hill !!! Just an FYI !!!

I'd just quarter it and pack out bone, flesh, and head in what ever amount of trips I needed to get it all out. But then again, I like the hiking and work out...
biggrin.gif

One good thing about Where I hunt, if I just get the rack out and am too tired to go back for the meat I can claim a grizzly took over the kill and probably even get a new tag.
elkgrin.gif

Ay least your honest Ernie!...gotta admire that!
wink.gif
In Alaska the meat has to come out before the horns...not sure about the lower 48......

Man, you guys are tough. Ok Officer, the griz claimed the carcass and after two days of spying on him he finally finished most of it so I ran in and salvaged the horns!
biggrin.gif

Will that work???

hehehe. This year the ravens and coyotes never even showed up at my kill cause I packed out anything edible! Got about 15 pounds more meat off him than the one I got two years ago and loaded whole in the truck.

Good comeback Ernie!
wink.gif
...that should satisfy Game and Fish for a while
cool.gif

Horn Seeker.. I don't think that Rib meat NOR neck meat is Required in Montana. So don't waste a good lie if you don't need to, Save it for a worthy casue
wink.gif

Getting back to the topic, I'm taking notes and Will log each thig I pack and How long and how far I go this year Anyone else doing any kind of Trip I'd encourage to do the same and We'll share the Info and maybe learn something... Or at least you guys can teach me something..
elkgrin.gif

WW is famous for his comments while standing over a freshly killed elk way too far from the truck.. his best is "Hey.. it's never too late to shoot him in the ass."
smile.gif

That's actually something I hadn't thought of.......hmmmm....a few more rounds in the ass could lighten the pack out by some 50%
wink.gif
.......might be worth noting
eek.gif

Dan....you've been back in with me enough to know I was just joshing
wink.gif
.......one shot..one kill...and out to the road!
cool.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back