Backpack for stand hunting

Nick87

Anyone have a small pack they like for stand hunting. One I've got now is pretty much an oversized fanny pack. Looking for something with shoulder straps but not overly big. More to carry my extra layers to the stand. I try to dress light for the walk in then add a jacket or bibs if I get cold later.

Not sure what you’re looking to spend as there are a ton of “whitetail packs” that will carry some clothes and a few items fine. I use a stone glacier avail if I’m going to a stand that’s already hung or just gonna be on the ground. It’s has some internal organization but not pockets for everything you own. I have an Exo that I use when I’m carrying in a stand and sticks.

I really like the Kuiu stalker pack. It's very small, but is big enough for everything needed in a kill kit and some extras. For extra layers, I just simply attach them to the pack with the straps it comes with. In 40 years of deer hunting, this little pack has easily become my favorite pack for stand hunting. Will never use a fanny pack again.
Kuiu stalker pack

I just have a cheap wal-mart camo backpack, cost me maybe $15. Works better than fine for what I need. Fits my coat, water and snacks. I have an extra release in there.

Sg sky archer compresses down really well without the lid and the longer straps work great for carrying the stand and other things.

I rock just a cheap tactical pack off Amazon. Basically a school book bag but with extra tie down points.

Works great for stand hunting, a little tough to do sticks stand and a bow, but I feel that way with any pack...

I got a used pack on here for that price that is way over kill for tree stands but also wworks for back country stuff.

I just have a cheap wal-mart camo backpack, cost me maybe $15. Works better than fine for what I need. Fits my coat, water and snacks. I have an extra release in there.
This is what I use as well. Carried my saddle, sticks, Nalgene and bibs this past season. Was walking about a 1/2 mile in. Something with a frame would be better, but I'm a tight @$$

New T&K looks good but $385 is tooo dang much for a day pack. They are made in SD tho

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220211-211119_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220211-211119_Chrome.jpg
    616.5 KB · Views: 1
Any pack work for stand hunting Tammy was given one at work from a vender black n grey I use it all the time use the front clip to have it tight to the tree so it doesnt swing in the wind and makes getting into it easy
I dont think you even need camo if a deer can see my pack hanging on the side of a tree I call it venison

Back