Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

BackCountry Elk Pack

Definitely, look for a bag that separates from a fame and allows you to compress your meat between the bag and frame. It's the best thing since sliced bread! Good luck and fill us in on what you get. There are a lot of options out there and few of them are horrible.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the advise. Im currently looking at a few packs right now, eberlestock m5 team elk (separate from frame) and the tenzing TZ6000 (internal frame). could i ask what your/anyones opinion is on the eberlestock? Thanks in advance. -Seth

I would highly recommend the Eberlestock Just One pack. I have used it for four seasons now and have packed out 4 elk and 3 whitetail with it an it's amazing. Super comfortable and the frame is strong. The best part is that the pack compresses down and can expand to accept all 4 quarters of a whitetail. You can load the pack woth more weight than you can carry. Hope this helps

I thought I wanted an Eberlestock pack when I first started looking for packs, until I finally got to handle one. Those things are crazy heavy. I bought a Kifaru AMR and couldn't be happier. That thing handles 100 pound loads like a dream.

i apologize, i was thinking about/mixed up the outdoorsmans optics hunter pack. after looking around a bit, i think ive come to my decision on the outdoorsmans pack. $400 and it has an external frame/load shelf. lots of good reviews about it.

I first bought the SJK because it had all the options I wanted at decent price. It's an ok pack but found it didn't handle heavy loads well and the shoulder straps were lacking in padding. Bought the new Outdoorsmans last year and it is more comfortable to me especially with some weight. Have hauled three white tails in it and hopefully an elk someday. Plus there frame makes a great shooting rest. There are a lot of other quality products out there also. Try them on if you can.

I got my large rucksack from the Army for free :cool:
I used mine too for the longest time. SO comfortable, but I gave in to something more lightweight (Kuiu- some people don't like them, but I have nothing but good things to say. Mine fits me well, and performs as it did the day I bought it). I still bring it for a spare, or for when I need help loading something out. It's a beast.

Last edited:
Back