Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Back in the game! NM 52 muzzleloader muley

mcelweed

I haven't been on in a while because I've been skunked on tags the past couple of years. This year I drew primitive arms muzzleloader mule deer in NM Unit 52. I'm excited for this hunt because I will be hunting with my dad's Hawkin rifle that he gave me before he passed away this past August.

That said, I don't know much about the area, it's the one part of NM I haven't been to. Without giving up honey holes, what information can anyone give that would help me on this hunt. It should be a good, but tough, hunt since there are only bow hunts prior to this and only 25 tags for this hunt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also any tips on muzzleloader hunting since this is my first time hunting with a muzzleloader.

Dave

When I was there I drove in and parked on the trail just south of Brazos Peak. Cant remember the # trail it was. But I spent my mornings and mid-day watching the creek bottom about a 2 mile hike south of that road. Then spent the late afternoon until dark watching the west facing slopes of Brazos Peak. Never saw a monster but a handful of small 4x4.

When I was there I drove in and parked on the trail just south of Brazos Peak. Cant remember the # trail it was. But I spent my mornings and mid-day watching the creek bottom about a 2 mile hike south of that road. Then spent the late afternoon until dark watching the west facing slopes of Brazos Peak. Never saw a monster but a handful of small 4x4.

I'll check it out this summer. Thanks for the info. I'll be more than happy with just a nice 4x4.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back