Back from NM

JB Florida

I'm back but empty handed.

My deal with my bride was if a hurricane came into the gulf I would start driving. So here I am home early without an elk.
I had an Either sex tag and passed on a cow the second evening and that was my last real opp.

My second season archery report is not many bugling and not much sign.
and VERY few mule deer. this was a great hunt the last 2 years but there was very little activity since the drought

I thiught this one was in the bag!
Nut It was the right thing to do....Well put.

At least I made it more than the 2 days we hunted last year before heading home.
It was a blast and IT WAS GREAT TO NOT BE AT WORK!!!!!!!!

I do wish I could head back out now and continue where I left off.

Cali,
Where are you headed in CO?

I need to plan a rifle/muzzy hunt that is OTC for next year.
There are genrally fewer hurricanes in that month and MAYBE I could stay the whole hunt?? I hunted near Craig a few years back and liked it.

Maybe your bride will go and stay somewhere with you or at least visit someone somewhere away from hurricanes, then you can stay longer on the next one! You won't worry about her, she won't worry about the hurricanes. Not as much anyway.

Sorry about the empty cooler JB but I know too well the hurricane deal. My wife is still reminding me that Ophelia pass over head while I was Elk Hunting. Had it Been the Size of Rita, I'd have been gone.

You know, I figured your storm would be deadly, it is named after my mother in law.

Cheers
Roadtrip

Great Idea Tom,
But our business requires that we be here when the possibility of a hurricane exists.
So it really would not matter if she stayed home or went with me or somewhere else.

Thanks No Harley!

Roadtrip-I know what you mean, mine still remembers Ivan least Sept while I tried to return from NM to a total mess.
And since you are headed to 13, get your spotting scope ready, the bulls are really spread out and the elk seem to move every day.

JB - we are hunting near Wolcott, Unit 35. Lots of elk according to the pictures Deerking sent us. Trophies probably aren't common since tags are OTC, but still lots of elk.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back