Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Baby warthogs in their den

JJHACK

As some of you may know I work a bit of each hunting season in South Africa. Well last year when I was there I was driving along and saw some baby warthogs standing in front of a big hole. We stopped the truck and I ran to see them, I actually wanted to catch one of them.

Well they ran into the hole and were gone. However the hole looked pretty big so I thought I might fit down in there. I told the guys I was with to pull me out in a hurry if I started yelling. I was not sure if the mother Warthog was in there. I did not think she was if the babies were out and about but one never knows when the anger of the mother with those sharp teeth will try to come out when I am trying to go in, and it was definately a "one lane" entry!

I began slowly sliding in and as my hips and waist got to the opening I realized it was so dark I would not beable to see anything anyway. The little pigs were running around in circles like crazy trying to find a way out. My hair was filled with dust and I was breathing it in as well. I finally decided to give up and get pulled out but since I had my camera handy so I snapped 3 photo's which caused complete but temporary blindness for me, and I'm sure those little pigs as well from the flash in the pitch dark hole.

When I had the film developed some time later I could not make out the photo's I had forgotten about. After a few seconds I realized they were the pictures I took of them in the den, you can even see the root from a tree above my head. They came out so nice!

Here is one of the photo's there were three warthogs in there as can be seen in the photo's but I never saw them once I was in the hole because it was too dark. Good thing the flash is so powerful! No wonder I felt blinded by it!

null
babywarthogs.jpg

Just thought you all would get a kick out of seeing this warthog photo. And I must thank my friend Pete Millan for extracting me from
that hole by my ankles before the momma warthog found me up to my A$$ in her den!

Hey JJ,

This is a special picture! I would have loved to see you working your way down the hole - and Pete keeping the watchful eye outside for the big mamma!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back