Yeti GOBOX Collection

Az unit 19A

chuckyd313

Headed up on the 18th to do a little archery deer hunting. We got a few waterholes mapped out and the optics are dust free and ready to go. Anybody ever spent any time up in this unit chasing critters? Ive even got a Mt. Lion tag just in case.
Any OYOA people out there have any luck and/or advise on this unit?

Sorry Chuck, never hunted that unit. We were in 20A last weekend hunting the
flats and foothills at about 3500ft. Most of the pigs were in small
Groups, 2-3. I only saw one larger group of 10. I missed 3 with me recurve.

I'm going to swallow my pride next weekend and take the compound.

Good luck.

The deer were out and about. Once the wind kicked up they were tucked in the washes out of the wind

I saw a couple different mulies cruising for does. Found a nice 4x4 bedded with 2
Forkies and a doe. I stalked within 35 yards and the wind changed... Busted.

I was wondering if the bucks were chasing already. That should make spotting them a little easier (i hope). I know i always say i never chase antlers but being the first hunt of the year and Arizona having such an extensive archery season i think im going to hold out for BIG or abnormal.
Dalbo how was the weather up there by the way? I usually try to avoid hunting in freezing cold weather, but my friend grew up near there and this will be his first archery hunt ever so i gave in.

The weather was nice last weekend, low 60's during the day, 20-30 lows.
My buddy killed a 2x3 last sunday, he is going back up today for javies. It's supposed
To be a high of 36 up there today...Brrr.

I'm hoping out will warm back up next weekend. Good luck.

Well i did it. I spent the weekend looking for BIG antlers. I passed up a perfect quartering away 52 yard shor on a spike/forkie. I went up there with the intentions of scoring on a big set of head gear. If i hadnt gotten the forkie in rifle season last year that little guy would have came home with me.
It was COLD up there too. At 7:30am it was 14 degrees. Ive never been in weather that cold before. Way too cold for this desert rat redneck.
Did get to glass a herd of fat does though. Watched them for nearly an hour and never did see a buck running them. Oh well theres always next time. Thats why its called hunting and not getting.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back