Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

AZ Spring Javelina HAM question

NV_ARCH3R

I've been trying to determine what AZ considers a legal handgun for the HAM hunts. Would a Thompson Center Contender in 223 be considered a handgun, or is it defined as more straight wall cartridge of maximum OAL.

Following this thread. I've also considered using a TC Contender in .223 for the HAM season.

I recently inherited a 1st gen Contender and have a .223 barrel for it. Haven't had a chance to practice with it yet but also considering putting in for a javelina HAM tag. Do you typically need to use shooting sticks with a Contender?

I recently inherited a 1st gen Contender and have a .223 barrel for it. Haven't had a chance to practice with it yet but also considering putting in for a javelina HAM tag. Do you typically need to use shooting sticks with a Contender?
I would myself, quite a bit of weight and forward heavy to hold steady without a rest of some sort, rock, tree, shooting sticks.

I would myself, quite a bit of weight and forward heavy to hold steady without a rest of some sort, rock, tree, shooting sticks.
Thanks, I was thinking so based on just holding it at the house while I looked up what it was (hadn't ever seen one before)... and then learning that it is a beast to break open true to Contender form.

Usually, Javelina are a close shooting game animal, I
don't think sticks are needed. 💥

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back