Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

AZ Deer and Sheep apps due at Midnight Tonight

I put my deer app in last week. New unit to me, should be an easy draw, will already be in the general area this December so we'll see what happens.

I put my deer app in last week. New unit to me, should be an easy draw, will already be in the general area this December so we'll see what happens.
Good luck! Coues Deer or Mule Deer?

Reactions: LCH
I always put it in calander one day ahead in case life happens. Still got one more day. Liked that my deer license is still good from last year cause I am just getting points.

I'm ashamed to admit, I have almost 10 points for deer in AZ and not a clue what to do with them. Every year by this time my fall plans have been made so I just kept putting in for the longest of longshots. I'll do the same this year, but I need to make a mental note to build a plan for utilizing those points.
Unit 12 Archery is a garunntee or unit 3 is reachable in the next 5 years if you are interested in Mule Deer. A lot of the late coues hunts are there as well. The December hunts are nice simply because it is cooler.

I'm ashamed to admit, I have almost 10 points for deer in AZ and not a clue what to do with them. Every year by this time my fall plans have been made so I just kept putting in for the longest of longshots. I'll do the same this year, but I need to make a mental note to build a plan for utilizing those points.
That late rifle Coues deer hunt would be calling my name

Was just going to put in for points because of the drought but my well passed the line problem / addiction to mule deer made me apply.

Bought points for my grandson. He's 11 and already has points for elk, pronghorn and now these. As soon as the in person youth hunter ed comes back, I'll take him to get his permanent bonus point. He'll be able to get some nice hunts in in a few years. Hope I'm alive to take him. His dad did all the shooting he ever wanted to in 2003. It's up to me to teach him now.

That's what I'm in for. I archery hunted them while I was at Ft. Huachuca, and went back the year after to chase them with a rifle during the third season hunt. I've been saving up a few points for a 4th season hunt now. Still not great odds, but you never know!

As the weather is cooler it is a good hunt but it is not a rut hunt. So don't expect it to be. Thebetter coues hunters go in Oct as the whitetails have a small home range and once you find them during summer scouting they don't go far. Plus oct hunts are easier to draw for the most part

Back