Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

AZ 365 day license

WapitiBob

A heads up:

You have to have a valid license at the close of the draw, Feb 10 2015. If you applied for Elk last year and bought a license before the last day of the draw, you need a new one.

The system will allow you to apply on last years license, and WILL NOT throw a flag warning you that it will expire before Feb 10 2015. The license purchasing page is different than the online apps page also. You can buy the 2015 license before or after applying for tags (provided you have at least the 2014 license) but make sure the 2015 license has a start date of Feb 10 or before. The system will automatically switch to the 2015 license when the 2014 expires.

Make sure you save copies and print receipts. I like to print to pdf and save.

Which to me, i think would help the NR's so you dont have to buy one even if not drawn? I may be wrong but someone should clarify that.

Yea but if its timed right then you can go off your previous years license for the draw and if unsuccessful you dont need to drop the money for the license? im a native AZ'er and im not sure how the NR stuff applies. just looking for knowledge in case any out of state friends were to ask.

To me, potentially botching the draw aint worth trying to save a few bucks and that's if you time it absolutely perfectly. I decided to have mine valid 2/1, figure that'll give a valid license if for some reason I decide to hunt the January seasons at some point.

Yea but if its timed right then you can go off your previous years license for the draw and if unsuccessful you dont need to drop the money for the license? im a native AZ'er and im not sure how the NR stuff applies. just looking for knowledge in case any out of state friends were to ask.

The only way you can use the same license, is if you bought on the last day of the previous year, and the current year ends one day sooner. That scenario is beneficial for those who apply for points only. Since you need a license to hunt, if planning on hunting, there is no benefit.

It looks like they extended the application period by one day. My 365 day license expired yesterday so I should have been able to use it for my 2015 bonus point. I called Janet with Fish and Game and she assured me that I would still be alright, but I'm a little nervous. My funds are stretched thin right now and not having to scrounge up $150.00 would really help me out a lot. Is anyone in the same situation? If they decide not to give me my bonus point do I have any chance of getting it back once I find out? Thanks.

Much easier to get two application years using a single 365 day UT license than in AZ. AZ is virtually impossible to time the license purchase so can apply for a second year though if you only go OTC then works like a champ.

I apply in AZ during the early spring, summer and late fall application periods so the 365 offers me nothing compared the the prior version that was annual calendar year. In fact, created a situation where I had to buy my first 365 license a bit before my annual was expiring due to timing of the late fall 2014 application period for the 2015 spring hunt draws. The wording was not clear so I ended up with overlapping licenses last fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back