Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Axis arrows suck

smalls

I am extremely disappointed in the performance of axis arrows and am questioning the shift to lighter and lighter arrows. Although I am very pleased with the flight and accuracy of them, I think they suck for hunting. First, I have had problems with them breaking just ahead of the fletching (it looked like my arrow broke off 4" in front of the fletching on impact of the deer). I had this happen while shooting into my block this summer as well with one arrow.

Second, after inspecting my skinned out deer I am very lucky to have killed that deer. You can see the impact of the arrow through the hide just behind the top of the shoulder, in the muscle behind the top of the shoulder but inside the rib cage is a different story. The arrow bent like a noodle and followed the outside of a rib for nearly 6" before cutting through that rib and through the chest cavity of the deer (where I clipped the tops of both lungs) and punched out the other side. I feel that had I used a broadhead that was any degree inferior to the 100 gr. montecs I used I likely wouldn't have gotten through the rib cage at the angle the arrow was "deflected".

The arrow was the correct spine to shoot out of the poundage/cam shape for my bow.

Keith...

I'd contact the manufacturer and tell them of your dissatisfaction, you may get another batch of arrows ;)

You may net some thing out of it though with your insight into their product

Interesting. What is the total weight of the arrow and approximate speed?

I've never tried the Axis, but I do shoot the Epic topped with Thunderheads. Not a complaint. I've had nothing but complete pass throughs on everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back