Axe throwing

Did you wear plaid? Could be the threads too! 🤣🤣

awesome time, I’m sure.

Got into axe throwing a little back in the '70s. Black powder rifles were making a big comeback and they were having "Rendezvous" meets around the country.
A buddy of mine went to several and came back quite adept at axe throwing.
He showed me some basics and I had a short, double-bit, I believe what they call a "Cruiser" axe. ....but that was then and this is now! I can hardly pick up an axe now, much less throw one. LOL!

I still have the little axe, but finding a handle for it has become difficult anymore.

The "trick" ,such as it is, is knowing exactly how far to stand from the target. How many revolutions the axe will make and the same exact grip and repetitive throwing motion....and release!

Last edited:
The "trick" ,such as it is, is knowing exactly how far to stand from the target. How many revolutions the axe will make and the same exact grip and repetitive throwing motion....and release!
You are right. And none of us mastered the technique. The guy showing us made it look easy and showed us two different trchniques. I only stuck the target twice in an hour!

Got into axe throwing a little back in the '70s. Black powder rifles were making a big comeback and they were having "Rendezvous" meets around the country.
A buddy of mine went to several and came back quite adept at axe throwing.
He showed me some basics and I had a short, double-bit, I believe what they call a "Cruiser" axe. ....but that was then and this is now! I can hardly pick up an axe now, much less throw one. LOL!

I still have the little axe, but finding a handle for it has become difficult anymore.
We go to the rendezvous every year at fort Crawford in prairie du chien Wi. Watching the axe throwing, eating kettle corn and drinking homemade root beer are my favorite!

I set up an axe throwing range in my back yard. Lots of fun to have some friends over for a few cold ones while throwing. Some folks pick it up right away, others will never get the hang of it. Brut force is not your friend.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back