Awesome High School Program

WYelker

The local high school art teacher has developed this program/contest for high school students locally. The idea is to get kids to tell and share stories in person in front of peers and to highlight their success or lack there of during hunting season. I have not been able to attend the contest, but I am hearing more kids talk about it every year and by the time my son hits high school it could be a really big deal…

Wish more schools worked to include such… Imagine how happy you would have been if your writing assignment was about your passions.

My daughter did not want to participate this year but says she is going to next year…

The local high school art teacher has developed this program/contest for high school students locally. The idea is to get kids to tell and share stories in person in front of peers and to highlight their success or lack there of during hunting season. I have not been able to attend the contest, but I am hearing more kids talk about it every year and by the time my son hits high school it could be a really big deal…

Wish more schools worked to include such… Imagine how happy you would have been if your writing assignment was about your passions.

My daughter did not want to participate this year but says she is going to next year…

Good job for the teacher. Gets a segment of kids who most likely would not participate in speech or drama activities involved in them by setting aside their personal biases (maybe, but maybe the teacher is a hunter or has family that hunts) and adapting to what the kids enjoy talking about.

I saw that article on County 10. What a neat program. Gotta love those teachers that go the extra mile!

There are several versions of hunter safety courses n being outdoors. That have been designed for the classroom. Be great if more of these were offered. Maybe folks can introduce them to schools in their areas. We homeschooled so really good opportunity

Back