Yeti GOBOX Collection

Awesome Family Weekend!!!

Very cool story and pics. Way to get your young one involved. Time spent with Dad is precious as well! Congrats!

I think most, not all, of us on here would have dropped that buck in a heartbeat.

Thanks!
Most would have, you are correct. But had my son not been with me, i would not have. He was a nice deer for sure but only a 3 yr old buck. This buck would have been a slammer in two more years.............Course trying to manage deer on public land is almost impossible with lots of yahoos and thick with wolves, he probably wouldn't have made it to 5 yrs anyway i guess.;)

I hear ya. I passed up plenty of big forkies, 3x3s, and small 4x4s this year, but I'm sure it's a waste of time around town given the pressure the deer get.

Pretty tough to beat a hunt with 3 generations involved. Glad things worked out for you guys.

Course trying to manage deer on public land is almost impossible with lots of yahoos and thick with wolves, he probably wouldn't have made it to 5 yrs anyway i guess.;)

No kidding. Especially this year with the snow and hard rut. Gotta love everyone driving around with a pile of 2-3 year old bucks on the top of their suv. Oh well, whatever makes them happy I guess.

That is a good buck though, and I'm sure your son would love to have the rack hanging in his room.

Good job on the cow too, didn't realize they were even giving tags out that way anymore.

Good job on the cow too, didn't realize they were even giving tags out that way anymore.

They reduced the area from a few hundred permits down to 5 permits last year. I got one of the 5:rolleyes: Probably a tougher draw than the big three and thats what i end up with:)

Wow. Just wow. TCG, helluva season. Kudos for dropping everything and focusing on the cancer kid - major props for that selfless act. And, really freaking cool to see you out with your boy on those adventures...memories for a lifetime!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back