Average Joe's 2018

I've been out of the picture lately because I am down here in FL closing in on the big buck.
I don't want to keep posting his pictures just to have him slip through my fingers again.

Any posts from here on out will be of bucks or draw hunt does being shot... I am not messing around!

The remaining seasons I have are Jan 19-26, Feb 1-4, and Feb 9-18!
I am going to make it happen!

I'm mostly moved into the new house. Our new furniture won't be here for a few more weeks, but I got my most valuable decor hung up and placed throughout the house.

e2bd5679b6d3406468885dd3a63c9189.jpg

bebb30904e69d98f3652ee94c9e83a1f.jpg

9eb06fd21df6bf3ff052acdc156fcf1f.jpg

b395e850a3253444478326b3ef229803.jpg

354fd8ec0cd422c9cc81b8e4cfe91de0.jpg

0372f06afbaa5ad4083f597a080d93ec.jpg

I haven't even cracked open the boxes of sheds yet.... I think they'll end up on my desk at work.

Once I get a little more settled in and get some time I'll post my end of season wrap up.

Nice setup,at least you have the bed...Love that Blackbear mount!
Good to see your back in circulation.:cool:

I love what you have done to the place! Hope you ended up closer to some really good hunting! I know you will be scouting and shed hunting very soon.

I love what you have done to the place! Hope you ended up closer to some really good hunting! I know you will be scouting and shed hunting very soon.

Unfortunately this job took me further from the mountains than my last job. I was in great shed hunting territory within a 30 minute drive at my last place, now I have to drive at least 3 hours. I didn't take the job for better hunting opportunity, I took it for a bit more responsibility, a slightly busier schedule, and to get back to a mission I really enjoy. I'll miss Idaho quite a bit, and I plan on going back many times. I might even retire there. Who knows? I still have a few years to figure that out.

Where are stationed now? From what I recall, I believe you're a military family as well.

I'm in Clovis, NM. Pretty far away from reliable shed hunting, but still within one if the best states to hunt.... If you're lucky enough to get a tag.

And yes, Dan and I are both active duty Air Force.

I'm in Clovis, NM. Pretty far away from reliable shed hunting, but still within one if the best states to hunt.... If you're lucky enough to get a tag.

And yes, Dan and I are both active duty Air Force.

Ok, cool. I think that's where my father-in-law lived when he was stationed out there and worked at White Sands (he was space and missiles for the first 15 years and a first shirt for the last 13). Maybe that's just where one of his many stories happened. I'm currently @ Scott, but have been trying to convince the home CINC to move for years...

I'm currently @ Scott, but have been trying to convince the home CINC to move for years...

You should volunteer for Cannon and tell your wife you got non-vol'd... It's totally plausible that you'd get non-vol'd here, and unless she's a personnelist, she has friends at AFPC or she reads this thread, she'll never know. ;)

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back