Availability for strings

BuckRut

I’m in desperate need of new strings and have a month to get them changed. My local shop says Vapor Trail is the only brand getting strings out in any reasonable time frame. Anybody order from ABB or GAS lately? What have the lead times been?

Maybe research another archery shop that makes their own strings, if lead time is an issue. Awfully close to Sept. to be dealing with this now, I'd get on it quick!

I do know that GAS can hold you out for weeks over a simple color.. when there is 13 shades of green and they are out of the one you choose it can be a pain if you didn’t know that was the only holdup.. lol

I've used vapor trail strings in the past and they are quality.

Do a www. Search. There are tons of people who build strings. Back when I had my archery shop and first started out I found a guy out of IL that would build strings out of whatever material I requested and color my customers could come up with. I started building my own strings so I would not run into a problem during the preseason rush.
Tip for you. If you purchase a new bow order a set of cables and a string. Shoot your new bow and get it dialed in. After a few hundred shots. Remove the string and cables put the new one on set up the same as the first. If you are ever in a pinch you can be back in the game in no time.

I’ve had good luck with catfish custom strings, wicked strings and extreme bowstrings.I will say wait times will be much longer with any company this close to bow season.

I’m in desperate need of new strings and have a month to get them changed. My local shop says Vapor Trail is the only brand getting strings out in any reasonable time frame. Anybody order from ABB or GAS lately? What have the lead times been?
Americas Best Bowstrings are 7 days out year round at Straight 6 Archery in Missoula and Bozeman.

Americas Best Bowstrings are 7 days out year round at Straight 6 Archery in Missoula and Bozeman.
Just got new ABB strings on from Straight 6 in Bozeman a couple weeks ago, I'm not sure if it was 7 days from when I ordered to when I got my bow back. Super fast.

Whichever brand you may prefer. Try calling them. I’ve bought strings from GAS that were on the shelf.

Buckrut I can’t help you know but this is one good reason to do everything ourselves. You’d need a press for sure. If it’s a parallel limb bow a press appropriate for that. It might be an investment but a good one.
Making strings is easy. You’d be done already and confident the job was done right and if something did move you could fix it. Just a consideration for the future

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back