Caribou Gear Tarp

Automotive Parts Shortage

robsev

never in my life did I ever imagine we would have such a shortage in this country. Five months ago, the first week of October, the engine light came on on my 2016 GMC diesel truck. The limp mode kicked in before I made it home, so my last 20 miles was at 45 mph. Then the message came up that in 20 miles top speed would be 5 mph. Monday morning I took it to the dealer, and 5 months later it’s still there. They determined the Electronic Control Module is bad and needs replaced. Apparently these components are all made in China. I just checked with them a few days ago and got the same response - none available and no idea when it will be.😖🤬😡😫😥.

That's what happens when companies sale out to cheap labor in another Country. I guess this pandemic made lots of companies realize that may be a bad idea. We hardly produce anything here any longer it seems. If these Countries really wanted to put the U.S. In a spot really quickly all they have to do is cut off the supply chain and we are screwed.
I would certainly argue that the U.S. Is no longer the Country it once was and the powerful Country many politicians think we are.

What?! 5 months?! My Chevy has been in the shop for 3 weeks waiting for a part (luckily they got it yesterday). I can't remember exactly what it was but something with the DEF heater. I've never waited that long and thought it was pretty absurd, but your situation is crazy! I feel for you. Did the dealership help you in anyway? Loaner or help with a rental or something? Just another reason we need to take a hard look at our relationship with China and our reliance on them.

What?! 5 months?! My Chevy has been in the shop for 3 weeks waiting for a part (luckily they got it yesterday). I can't remember exactly what it was but something with the DEF heater. I've never waited that long and thought it was pretty absurd, but your situation is crazy! I feel for you. Did the dealership help you in anyway? Loaner or help with a rental or something? Just another reason we need to take a hard look at our relationship with China and our reliance on them.
Nope, they didn’t help one bit.

The off shore, free market, global market crap has come back to bite & will bite these US sellout companies.
Unfortunatly we are the losers in the mean time.

I had a DEF injector go bad the other day on my cummins diesel. It was going to go into limp mode in about 15 miles. Luckily it was a warranty item and on stock. The dealer said if it would have been the SCR my truck would have possibly been down 4-6 months due to no parts availability. I was going to be provided a loaner off the lot they said if that was the case. I was fortunate that it was a stocked part.

I have 2 new caterpillar 938m loaders under warranty down right now. Been waiting for parts, in the mean time the dealer has loaders out of the rental fleet for us to use. So damn frustrating with parts right now. Can’t get hydraulic oil or transmission oil because there’s a shortage of drums to ship it in. Took empty clean drums to our bulk supplier and they won’t fill them because they say they can’t verify the drums are clean. You just sold them to us we emptied them in 2 weeks you effin idiots we didn’t dump dirt in them to put in our machinery.

Imagine trying to make $2500 a month payments on new semis while they’re sitting in the shop waiting on parts they don’t need that currently dont exist.
Shit better start rolling out or this country is going to shut down. Trucks being a huge part of that. Both those cat loaders are waiting for DEF system parts and they can’t give an estimate of when they’ll be in. I told the mechanic pull that DEF shit off there and delete them he said he can’t do that it voids warranty and is illegal. Ohhh ok I’ll just wear your loaders out in the meantime. Clown world were living in.

And think about it, if you are taking any medication, guess where that is made, yep, China. All they need to do is stop sending us drugs and car parts and we can't function.
Yeah, but all their profit margins keep growing like their prices before they hit the market...and they pay no taxes in the end.
They sure got the 5 trillion. We got the drilling.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back