Auction: For A Great Cause!

Last two days to join with donations via auction! To start the next page, I've added the information from the OP for the bidding process.

UPDATE: We've had a generous offer to include an added donation to the total funds collected from this Auction for Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch!

Basic disclaimer: These do not come with any certificate / authenticity notes, etc. Some have a typed note within the envelope that simply shares a base of historical information about the featured envelope and stamp. Some have a plastic sleeve. Basically, what you see is what you're buying at face value - as is. This is more for the donation side and some fun with the specifics of the envelope - something you may like. I have a couple set to frame - They're pretty cool!
My costs are 100% involved in this donation. I don't keep a penny. A portion of your bid covers mailing your winning bid(s), hence the purpose for the reserve.

*Edit: Removed the shipping deductions from the bid value. My wife impressed on me the green light to cover shipping expense.

Bid Reserve: Reserve beginning bid for each "First Day Of Issue" Envelope / Stamp: $3.00.

How this works:
  • PM your bid(s) and the Page# associated with the "First Day Of Issue" U.S. Stamp/Envelope(s). I'll respond to you with a bid ID.
  • Each evening, I'll edit this post with an updated list of the highest bidder, by your assigned ID and the value at the time of the update as an attached Excel sheet.
  • The bidding closes January 1st, 1800 Mountain Standard Time. Bids PM'd to me after that time will not be accepted.
  • Excluding a person's Hunt Talk ID, this will be 100% transparent. The total dollars will be visible at each update. The receipts for each mailed packet (address/name will be omitted) and receipt request return from YBGR will be added to present the total.
  • All payments will be accepted via Google Pay. https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7625055?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en unless other arrangements are agreed upon at time of bidding.

Thanks everyone!

Added: Current Bids, as of 2200hrs 12/30/2020

1609430345580.png

Last edited:
UPDATE: A few bids increased! We're entering the final lap. Tomorrow 1800, the bids close. This has been enjoyable all.

Realistically, your donations have the potential to update each house phone or aid the tools a therapist uses for youth's so they feel a tad more comfortable - speaking about challenges they face. A challenge for mature adults!

I had an appointment at Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch in October, this year and it's amazing to see some of the unique donations. Example: When a new youth is brought in, there are many uncomfortable steps they have to navigate, though one part softens inside just a tad... Quilted blankets of various colors! Sound odd? The weight of the quilted blanket brings a comfort when they are in a new bed for the first night with yet... another unknown the following days.

Those quilted blankets, crafted and donated... well, enough said. If you don't get the idea - I sure as heck am not going to be able to assist you with more words.

Thanks to all involved and to those who've read these posts. If it's inspired you just a bit, that's pretty darn good. I know many have $'s already tied up with this and that charity - and I certainly understand. I do as well.

This one however, is a smaller scale. A single bid of $6 or more on any $5 line is a welcomed value! Each single dollar makes a difference.

Best to all!

Here is the most recent updated Spreadsheet.

1609478291120.png

Attachments

• 123120 HT AUCTION.pdf
    231.1 KB · Views: 0
HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2021 heal some of 2020's heartache.

This is the final day. If you've just seen this thread - toss a few coins in the jar. Bump up a bid a bit. Start 2021 with a warm-er heart and a self satisfying smile.

Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch - we've rounded the final corner - finish line in sight, time to push those legs the final stretch!

Bids close at 1800 today. Join us! :)

My wife has tossed in $50 on #37 Katharine Hepburn! She will become A07. I'll update as new bids come in so you know if you want to bid on that line or another.

We will also accept open donations to add to the pool as one generous Hunt Talk member has presented.

Total for the informal Auction: $377

Thank you to those who joined in the fray! Admirable hearts! It's a warm feeling.

I'll have these mailed to the winning bidders and send a donation to Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch this coming Monday.

Final spreadsheet:

1609653104713.png

Attachments

• 010121 HT AUCTION.pdf
    232.1 KB · Views: 0
Total for the informal Auction: $377

Thank you to those who joined in the fray! Admirable hearts! It's a warm feeling.

I'll have these mailed to the winning bidders and send a donation to Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch this coming Monday.

Final spreadsheet:

View attachment 168655
Congratulations on your help raising money. I received a call today thanking
me for the donation and I explained I only found the group because of Hunt Talk. She replied “ we just received a donation from someone at Hunt Talk.” “Where are you from”. When I said “Maryland” she just laughed “nothing like the internet, lol”.

Sytes: you should claim all your good deeds! Congrats again on the fundraising!

It's not possible without those who freely donated to a great cause.

I appreciate the follow up post from you and your own donation :) That's really cool! I'm still waiting for the mailed receipt that is supposed to be in the name of Friends From Hunt Talk (Permitted to use the name, per @Big Fin .)

Thanks again to everyone! As stated I am 100% about transparency, I'll update this thread once received with a screen pic of the receipt.

Heh, Speaking of...
To those who donated via the auction and in PM's... You know who you are. Here's their thank you to you. Pretty awesome!
Thanks for letting me be a part of your deeds. I would share the names of Hunt Talk members who shared in this process though that's not my position to do such. All I can say is - Thanks! :)

1610158051616.png

Back