Atv sprayers

bklotthor

Looking for recommendations on atv sprayers. I currently have a 5-7 year old 25 gal boomless model that does not work well at all anymore. This sprayer will be used to treat a couple small food plots and to treat cool season brome grass areas such as old field edges on our family farm. Thanks for the help.

I just always used the Tractor Supply 25 gallon sprayer with their ATV rack sprayer hooked up to it. Look on their website and you’ll see it.

I actually made my own version of it but those work good.

I've been using a Fimco 25 gallon boomless the past 2 years. It's worked OK. Bypass leaks a small bit when used to regulate pressure to the nozzles. I've thrown every O-ring I have at it, still leaks. Otherwise, it sprays consistently and has worked well. I love the boomless setup on the ATV. I would like to slow the ATV down a touch more, and have more consistent speed control, but that's a vehicle issue not a sprayer issue.

You say it doesn't work well, can you clean or replace the spray nozzle? There aren't many moving parts on a sprayer so if you chose to keep the one you have it could probably be rebuilt fairly inexpensively.

What is wrong with the sprayer? Just fix whatever is wrong. It is very simple to fix the plumbing, or the pump. Pumps go out frequently if you buy the Fimco, or other cheap crap. Go to Northern Tool and buy a North Star pump. They have a three-year warranty and they honor the warranty very well. The hose can be picked up in many places. I do some commercial spraying and I have plumbed three, 25-gallon tanks together with separate valves, so that I can use them one at a time. The 75 gallons does not slop as badly, as if it was one big tank.

Mine is for a Kawasaki Mule Pro FX, though, and of course not for the four-wheeler.

If you are bent on getting a new one, just go to a farm store and buy whatever they have. They are all about the same, unless you want to pay higher money for a more customized option someplace.

You’ll buy 20 Fimco’s before you need to replace one jackrabbit. They are more expensive initially, but you almost can’t break them unless you don’t winterize them and they freeze. You can go to the local ranch supply store and pick up a POS and have to work on it all the time or you can do it right.

It’s like choosing between Redfield binoculars or Swaro binoculars...

I’ve been upside down on them more than once and have yet to break one.

I’m looking at buying one and I noticed everyone seems to have the boomless model. Is there something wrong with the ones with a boom

I have cracked my fimco 25gallon tank two times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't seem to wanna go boomless though. That has nothing to do with the cracked tank.

What is wrong with the sprayer? Just fix whatever is wrong. It is very simple to fix the plumbing, or the pump. Pumps go out frequently if you buy the Fimco, or other cheap crap. Go to Northern Tool and buy a North Star pump. They have a three-year warranty and they honor the warranty very well. The hose can be picked up in many places. I do some commercial spraying and I have plumbed three, 25-gallon tanks together with separate valves, so that I can use them one at a time. The 75 gallons does not slop as badly, as if it was one big tank.

Mine is for a Kawasaki Mule Pro FX, though, and of course not for the four-wheeler.

If you are bent on getting a new one, just go to a farm store and buy whatever they have. They are all about the same, unless you want to pay higher money for a more customized option someplace.
The model I have right now is a Country Tough from Orscheln’s. My grandpa bought it probably 5-7 years ago. I’m not sure if it’s the pump or the nozzles that are the issue. The tank pressure reaches only around 15 psi when operating and the two end nozzles routinely go in and out of suppling any spray action. When my grandpa first bought it it seemed to do a good job on our small fields, the last 3 years have been difficult to get any type of consistent spraying at all given the nozzles don’t work most of the time.

Buy a jackrabbit pro from warne chemical. They are the only way to go. I own 6 of them...
I’ve had two friends and one of our neighboring landowners recommend either this one or other brands that look very similar for the same price range. If we end up getting something new it’ll probably be one like this that’ll last us.

The model I have right now is a Country Tough from Orscheln’s. My grandpa bought it probably 5-7 years ago. I’m not sure if it’s the pump or the nozzles that are the issue. The tank pressure reaches only around 15 psi when operating and the two end nozzles routinely go in and out of suppling any spray action. When my grandpa first bought it it seemed to do a good job on our small fields, the last 3 years have been difficult to get any type of consistent spraying at all given the nozzles don’t work most of the time.
If it is several years old, it is the pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back