MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Athlon Scopes

I have an Athlon Argos BTR gen 2 I received as a gift. It works fine for plinking or using as a 100 yard spotter, but I'd never in a million years contemplate using it on a dedicated hunting rifle. There are plenty of other low end Chinese knock off junk scopes that would be much better than anything Athlon is providing. View attachment 252663
Have you used any of the Ares or Cronus line? That's an entry level prs scope. You got an entry level scope... Athlon certainly isn't cheap Chinese junk.

Ive got a couple Argos BTR’s on some budget savage rifles and dollar for dollar those combos shoot great! Also have an Ares BTR gen 2 I think on my newest rifle. Have a pair of their binos, 10x42 and the 10x50 Midas G2. So far I love them over any Vortex item built in the lst 6-7 years. I try to make sure every dollar spent is worth it. I dont have Swaro deep pockets thats for sure.

Ive got a couple Argos BTR’s on some budget savage rifles and dollar for dollar those combos shoot great! Also have an Ares BTR gen 2 I think on my newest rifle. Have a pair of their binos, 10x42 and the 10x50 Midas G2. So far I love them over any Vortex item built in the lst 6-7 years. I try to make sure every dollar spent is worth it. I dont have Swaro deep pockets thats for sure.
Just for kicks and giggles, I went and looked at some binos last night. I compared the 10x50 Vortex Razors to the 10x50 Sworos. The Sworos were definitely a little bit clearer. But not $1500 clearer with a limited warranty...

I own an Athlon Ares 20-60x85 and am blown away with the performance. Huge bang for the buck. I can put antler points on animals at 3.5miles, low light performance is outstanding, clarity and color renditions are top flight. At hunting camp this year I set it up against a Swaro of the same size, and the guy that owned the Swaro agreed that other than MAYBE so edge clarity softness, the Ares played well on the same field. If you don't have the $$ for the Alpha glass, I don't think you would regret the Ares....

Back