Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

As they lay

50646727877_6f03454442_5k.jpg

IMG_2376.JPG

It is 11.27.20 and he was chasing a doe. One of the things that Randy teaches is hunter ethics. This deer I would have shot anyway, but when I saw him coming through the woods, he was limping noticeably. He needed to be harvested for his own good. I would rather him on the table, than a coyote get him. We have seen him on camera. We have called him Corkscrew (i think you see why).

So I may be guilty of watching too many hunting public videos of chasing deer on the ground... I decided to give it a shot this afternoon and got way more than I bargained for with this forky. He came in with his girlfriend at about 15 feet and ended up crashing about 7 feet from the tree I had was sitting against (260 Rem with 130 grain accubond) Later this week I’m gonna try my first euro mount, not a big one but it made for a cool story!

Attachments

• 9411970E-5A1A-402B-8248-403EAE1CCA1E.jpeg
    9411970E-5A1A-402B-8248-403EAE1CCA1E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
1448BB14-D710-4768-9DCA-15EA9F6957FD.jpeg
2020. Sorry to the purists, but this was private land and I paid a trophy fee. Went traditional this year with the bow(saw). Didn’t run the tape but for those that are in to that sort of thing this was about a nine foot Fraser. Probably a twelve year old, but I’m just guessing. Might send a sample to the botanist if I have time. Its prime time right now. Good luck to everyone this year.

View attachment 164063
2020. Sorry to the purists, but this was private land and I paid a trophy fee. Went traditional this year with the bow(saw). Didn’t run the tape but for those that are in to that sort of thing this was about a nine foot Fraser. Probably a twelve year old, but I’m just guessing. Might send a sample to the botanist if I have time. Its prime time right now. Good luck to everyone this year.
Good shot placement. Lucky for you it was private so you could get it out whole.

Did you run it to exhaustion prior to breaking out the bow saw?
No. Conditions weren’t quite right. They were a little too grouped up and it was a bit too warm.

I brought the family along this time as it’s one of the few hunts my wife actually wants to tag along on and she doesn’t give me grief about bringing something home. Plus Frasers are an exotic species in this part of the world. The land owner would like them all gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back