Caribou Gear

Arrows

IlliniFIre

Hey all, I just wanted to get the opinion of the experts here on arrows. I'm thinking of getting new ones and thought I'd see what you folks thought. I'm looking at using them on whitetail and turkey. I'm finding it hard to justify the higher cost of name brand over the Bass Pro lineups at half the price. If it makes a difference I'm shooting out of a PSE Stinger HP at 55# and a 29.5" draw.

Also, if you want to try to sell me on the name brands, please tell me how they would make a difference. Like why does the .001 straightness matter more? And so on.

Bass pro arrows are just culled and relabeled from a mfg. .003 will be just fine. Most people reading this forum won't see a difference between .001 and .005 for that matter. Buy what fits your budget, flex them often and go have a fun hunt.

Yep nothing wrong with box store arrows. Cabelas are Beman, Sportsmans uses Gold Tip and I'm sure Bass pro's are fine too. The shafts are made long, cut in pieces and then measured so a .001/.003/.006 can be from the same blank. There is way more to accuracy than a few thousandths of an inch in the arrow shaft, such as spine consistency, etc.

When someone can notice .002" in shaft straightness they won't be paying for them anyway. Save some money, buy Bass Pro's and have fun.

All depending on how much you want to spend, I personally shoot the Victory RIP, removed the outsert and replaced it with brass inserts. I recently heard that 365 archery has come out with an arrow, they have a 365 hunter. its got the same ice coating as the VAPS and are about $100 for a dozen.

For whitetails and turkeys at 20 yds, you could get away with just about any arrow. Until you start trying to get consistant arrow flight and broadhead performance at 60yds will you ever appreciate the difference in qualities.

Get the store brands. Like someone said, they are just relabeled brands anyway.

In January I switched to the gold tip kinetic pierce platinum arrows and have been nothing but happy, they are a micro diamater shaft so in theory better penetration and so far so good, shot a turkey at 43 yards tipped with a rage hypodermic and he was on his feet for about 20 seconds after the arrow hit him, shot a bear in May with them at 32 yards tipped with a toxic broadhead and he went about 50 yards and piled up, pretty impressive little shaft so far

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back