Arrow cutting

I finally bought an arrow saw. It works great. But I supply arrows for myself, wife, and 3 kids [who aren't awesome shots yet].

Check out Arrow Junkie. I met Dan at the Mountain Archery Festival in Durango and he's a great proponent of building your own arrows. According to his website he cuts arrows for free with the purchase of 6 or 12 shafts.

The harbor freight saw works well, big Jim's archery sells the right size wheels for it

Last edited:
I hope everyone that is cutting their own with a home made saw or even a actual saw designed for it is at least using a arrow squaring device. When I owned my archery shop I cut arrows for free if purchased from me. I had a sign that said $5 per half dozen if purchased elsewhere but seldom charged people.

I finally bought an arrow saw. It works great. But I supply arrows for myself, wife, and 3 kids [who aren't awesome shots yet].
In the grand scheme of things, an arrow saw is a relatively inexpensive item that will eventually pay for itself. If you shoot often and hunt different species at different ranges. I took apart an old vacuum cleaner and mounted it to the dust port. I also built my own draw board and bow press. I live in the outback also. To point out that not all broad heads are the same length or weight either. I don’t use the same shaft for everything.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back