Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Arizona point trick!

Yep AZ used to seem like an expensive state to me. Now with how expensive other states are becoming to apply its not out of line.

And I have read more than once on this forum and others how we should all be happy to pay these license prices or CC convenience fees since it is going back to wildlife. So shame on you guys that are cheating AZ out of $80 a year ;)

I just did my elk apps a few days ago and didn't need to get a new license. However if I want to apply for deer I will need to get it anyway.

I have been doing that in utah for 6 years now. You can get 2 bonus points with 1 license if you time it correctly

I have no problem with guys doing it. Its really not cheating, they have the loophole , It G& F fault . I just don't take a chance personally of something screwing up for a few $. the hunt is more important to Me...........BOB!

So what happens with the extended deadline? I got my applications in and my license expired on 2/12. Now they extended the deadline to 2/13, do I miss the drawing this year?

Hopefully we didn't get fooled.. I will be pissed mine was good on the original date.

Someone has to explain to me how you can get 2 points on one license. After reading the regs I didn't think it would work.
If app deadline is midnight Feb. 12, you buy a license on the 12th. Are you saying next year that license will still be good at midnight on Feb12 2020 and will work for 2020 app? Sounds risky to me.
Can anyone confirm this works? Have they drawn a tag the year they didn't buy?

As stated before, it will work if you apply for only one application draw per year. If you want to go after pronghorn/elk and deer/bighorn sheep and maybe javelina/spring turkey/bison in the same year, you'll need to purchase an Arizona hunting license every year ...

Someone has to explain to me how you can get 2 points on one license. After reading the regs I didn't think it would work.
If app deadline is midnight Feb. 12, you buy a license on the 12th. Are you saying next year that license will still be good at midnight on Feb12 2020 and will work for 2020 app? Sounds risky to me.
Can anyone confirm this works? Have they drawn a tag the year they didn't buy?

If you bought it on the 12th, it will be valid until Feb. 11, 2020. And next year, the draw deadline will be the 11th so it'll work.

If you bought it on the 12th, it will be valid until Feb. 11, 2020. And next year, the draw deadline will be the 11th so it'll work.

Ok, that makes sense. If the deadline is always Tuesday I supposed it would work every other year until the date goes ahead again. Thanks.

That's why I come here to learn the Tricks! I do like the option of taking a week off the first week of Jan. and flying out to AZ for quick 5 day archery hunt if I can find the time. I'll keep this in mind though for the years I don't have any plans for doing that. Getting my vacation in Jan has it's benefit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back