Arizona Not Immune to Attempted Land Grab

If it could be done properly anywhere, it would be in AZ. State control of land does not necessarily mean it has to be treated the same as State Trust Lands. If a transfer of lands was ever to take place (highly unlikely), we would be far better served to work on managing the process for a beneficial outcome than to dig in our heels and let those that would turn it into an Oklahoma style land rush steamroll their agenda.

If it could be done properly anywhere, it would be in AZ. State control of land does not necessarily mean it has to be treated the same as State Trust Lands. If a transfer of lands was ever to take place (highly unlikely), we would be far better served to work on managing the process for a beneficial outcome than to dig in our heels and let those that would turn it into an Oklahoma style land rush steamroll their agenda.
Naive statement in my opinion. My heels will be in deep and my hands will be cold.

Given the political landscape in Arizona, not a chance a transfer would result in anything other than privatization and monetization. Take a close look at the committee Gov. Ducey appointed to study the feasibility of public land transfer. It's an echo chamber for transfer and the interested parties lobbying on behalf of transfer see the $$, not an opportunity to better manage a public resource for multiple use benefit.

Not a door I want to open.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back