MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Arizona Late Suggestions 2017

ndhunterman

I'm looking for suggestions on which areas to apply for in the Arizona late elk season. I'm 32, my old man is 65, and neither of us are interested in waiting 10 years or more to draw tags. We've both elk hunted in WY & MT, and have no issue packing one out via backpack. That being said, I'm looking for an area with low density of roads, or at least roads that are closed for travel during the late season. I'll be doing some more research via forums and gohunt, but wanted to see what the consensus was here as well. We're looking for opportunity, not trophys. It looks like 5A, 6A, 22, 23, 10 might be good options. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Arizona is not the place to go for just an "opportunity" because as non-residents you will be waiting 10+ years to draw an elk tag. Unless you are hunting for cow elk. I would suggest looking at states like Colorado or some of the northern states where you can buy an OTC tag or have areas with very easy draw tags.

go to randy's youtube channel and watch the video about the az draw. you will understand why you may be in for a long wait

Thanks fellas. I was under the impression that the late season tags were not overly difficult to draw, which is probably true compared to the other seasons. I'll have to check draw odds I guess and hope for some luck.

I'm all ears, just looking to hunt every year for the next 10 years with my ol man. Want to see elk and punch tags. Cows, spikes, big bulls, don't much matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back