NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Arizona 10% cap on Nonresidents

BuzzH said:
Also, explain how NR's getting 10% and Residents getting 90% is not giving them priority.

It all depends on the ratio of residents versus non-residents applying for a particular hunt. If 2000 residents apply for 100 tags, and only 10 NR's apply for that same tag, the residents would have a 4.5% chance of drawing, while NR's would have a 100% chance. This is what I don't think would be fair to AZ residents.

I hope that I can draw a coveted elk tag in AZ, I sent in to McClendon guide service and hope to draw sometime. It is a great thing for AZ to let NRs hunt. The cost for a nr tag is going to do great things ( i hope) for the state. I also have hunted in alot of other states and everyone was greatful that we were there. Not only do the license fees contribute but also the hunter will contribute to the local economy. I love it when nr hunters come to Nebraska to hunt. Hell who doesn't like to hunt:confused: I will take anyone out for whatever they want, and I don't charge a huge fee, I love to shoot just as much as the next guy. So with that said I don't think that badgering the nr hunters is going to do the state of AZ any good. We aren't going to kill off all of your precious animals. :D :D HAPPY HUNTING

Basser said:
With the ten percent cap NR's are trying their luck in the lottery just like residents. Most units don't reach the ten percent cap so it really isn't an issue....fair is fair in those situations. For the tropy hunts NR's might or might not hit that cap since a lot of them only put in for those trophy hunts and have accrued bonus points. If you were to guaruntee ten percent NR's then in most of the units and hunts the residents will have less of an opportunity to draw tags.

IMO, I think I should draw an AZ tag before you. I was born and raised in AZ and have been putting in for the last 7 years and have yet to hunt elk in my home state. I put in for bull tags but not in the trophy units. Hell I haven't even drawn a deer tag. Couple years ago a I drew a spring turkey tag but that has been the only one.

Thats the whole point of a lottery system Basser is to make it fair . dont feel bad on not getting a tag it took me 20 years to get my first Elk tag and only 2 to get my second. deer tags are even worse for me to draw, however I have been drawn for 3 lope tags.

Its 90+% fair to az residents , the bonus point system doesnt mean shit and its a feel good system at its best, lets say you have 7 bonus points, the only thing it does is give you 6 more tries at getting a tag thats it nothing else. it does mean your on top of the list or anything like that.
I beleive they kept in tack the most bonus points are guarenteed a tag, when it reaches a cetain number ( I think its like 1-5 on certain species)
its frustrating as all hell not to get to hunt in your own state, but when you dont have the animals to support everyone hunting every year you have to do something to make it fair.

Delw

Who cares what the draw odds are...they still get 90...I'll repeat...90% of the tags.

NR's should be guaranteed a chance to draw.

ruger243223 said:
I hope that I can draw a coveted elk tag in AZ, I sent in to McClendon guide service and hope to draw sometime. It is a great thing for AZ to let NRs hunt. The cost for a nr tag is going to do great things ( i hope) for the state. I also have hunted in alot of other states and everyone was greatful that we were there. Not only do the license fees contribute but also the hunter will contribute to the local economy. I love it when nr hunters come to Nebraska to hunt. Hell who doesn't like to hunt:confused: I will take anyone out for whatever they want, and I don't charge a huge fee, I love to shoot just as much as the next guy. So with that said I don't think that badgering the nr hunters is going to do the state of AZ any good. We aren't going to kill off all of your precious animals. :D :D HAPPY HUNTING

good post ruger

one thing I have noticed is that alot of locals in AZ wont help a non res if they were dying, these people are pricks anyway and there are plenty of us who would help NR if they got drawn.

NR's are given a chance to draw, and like I said, most of our hunts don't even reach that 10% cap so fairness is a non-issue. The only thing you're getting riled up over are the early bull tags, and strip buck tags.

Buzz...have fun :wank: tonight and I'll talk to ya in the morning;)

Del,

Thanks for being the voice of logic and fairness in a sea of major league whining, selfish, and prickish AZ Resident hunters...who do nothing but cry about not being able to draw tags.

I was lucky...as I met and hunted with 2 of what is obviously a small minority of AZ resident hunters. Both seemed happy I drew a deer tag (and couldnt believe it took me 5 years to draw a coues tag) and more impressively really went out of their way to help me out.

I dont want to say all resident hunters are selfish...some do know whats going on.

Dewl I feel very confident that the true hunters and outdoorsmen of the world will indeed help the same. But there are those out there that think there state is the god of hunting. Guaranteed there are better states than Nebraska to hunt but what the hell, we have alot of fun and I guarantee you if you come out here I and everyone else will show you a good time and a wonderful hunting trip. Its to bad that a few shi:BLEEP: eggs still manage to ripen into full blown aholes. But hey get out here and I will show you a good hunting trip and love every minute of it no matter where you are from. HAPPY HUNTING

Well I don't care one way or the other. I just think the state of Arizona should be free to limit NR's in any way they choose, and not have to put up with criticism by all the hunters who feel sorry for themselves because they can't hunt there whenever they want. Also I don't think you can compare Wyoming to Arizona. Wyoming has a much lower population and therefore less demand for tags by residents.

Basser,

Once again...you're full of crap. I've never applied for the strip...matter of fact, never applied for a mule deer tag at all in AZ. Stictly coues for me.

I also have never applied for an early rifle elk tag...usually either late muzzleloader or general rifle.

I may apply for an early rifle tag this year though for the first time...I have conflicting hunts in MT and Alaska during the general and late muzzleloader hunts.

May just skip it and apply for just a point though.

Now, you can take the other foot out of your smart mouth. I wont call you in the morning unless I get cell coverage on bartlett...I'll be the guy in the boat ripping the lips off YOUR bass tomorrow A.M.

WH,

Have you ever looked at a demand index for moose, sheep, or goat in Wyoming?

You're full of crap, the resident demand exceeds NR demand by a long shot. Thats exactly why it only takes 3-5 points for a NR to draw moose while it takes nearly max for a resident to draw the same tag.

I wouldnt expect you to understand anything that has to do with math though...

Boy you're a nasty old fart sometimes Buzz. :D Did you know that? Math is actually one of my better subjects, that's why I'm in the land surveying field...in case you're not aware it requires a knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry. If that's not math then I don't know what is. :rolleyes:

I wasn't thinking of moose, sheep, or goats when I made that last statement about Wyoming. I was thinking of the more usual big game that NR's go to Wyoming to hunt: deer, elk, and antelope. When thinking only of those species, with what I said about Wyoming, would I still be considered "full of crap?"

BTW, I think you're full of hot air. :D

This has nothing to do with AZ but whoops!! I went on a Elk hunt to Idaho last fall. I can tell you for a fact the Idahoans are wonderful every hunter I encountered was more than willing to share info. I got into some elk but not what I was looking for. Any way it was a remarkable trip, because of the friendlyness of everyone. Idaho was awesome great scenery!! I will be back! HAPPY HUNTING hump

WH,

You claim to understand math, so in that case, I guess maybe you really are just clueless then.

No harm in that, it just makes you sound like an idiot when you post without knowledge of the subject at hand.

By the way, look into the trophy deer, elk, and antelope areas in WY...resident demand CLEARLY, by the math and numbers, exceeds NR demands.

NR's are still alloted 25% of the tags in Wyoming even in our trophy units.

I dont expect you to get that concept though.

Hey buzz is it relatively easy to draw a antelope tag in Wy, I drove through on the way to Idaho and the antelope were thicker than hair on a dogs back. I would love to hunt Antelope sometime. HAPPY HUNTING.

Really depends on the area, some areas have good draw odds...some not so good.

What part of Nebraska do you live in?

South Central, 30 miles from the kansas border. If you look on a map 30 miles south east of Hastings, Fairfield is the small town we live in. good deer great goose and pheasant quail, turkey, and alot of beer after the kill.

BuzzH said:
You claim to understand math, so in that case, I guess maybe you really are just clueless then.

No harm in that, it just makes you sound like an idiot when you post without knowledge of the subject at hand.

ok...I'm clueless. You're right, I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Must be nice to always be right, even when we're only disussing opinions here, not anything that is so black and white that there is a right or wrong answer.

I have to say that I don't necessarily disagree with your idea that the 10% should be a guaranteed 10%. I just think the state should do it however they choose, and NR's should be happy with whatever they get.

So far the only whining that I've heard has been,,,
BuzzH said:
Seems to me the Arizona residents are a bunch of whiney bastards that dont want NR to draw any tags.

and...

BuzzH said:
I guess, when it boils right down to it...we can sure see who the selfish pricks are in hurry though...

and...

BuzzH said:
I have an idea...blow it out your selfish ass.

and...

BuzzH said:
Thanks for being the voice of logic and fairness in a sea of major league whining, selfish, and prickish AZ Resident hunters...who do nothing but cry about not being able to draw tags.

Now I really hope that you don't base your judgement on the sportsmen and women of Arizona by what you read on the internet(can't believe everything you read;) ) In the field a hunter is a hunter is a hunter. Doesn't really matter where he or she comes from. My guess everyone is out their for the same reasons. Of course there are bad apples everywhere you go, no matter what you are doing. Another guess would be that the only reason an AZ resident might give you a hard time is if you walk around spouting comments like...

BuzzH said:
I should have supported Taulman.

and...

BuzzH said:
Maybe Taulman was fighting for the right team....

Might find the bad apples in a hurry that way:cool:

Hope you had good luck at Bartlett and if you get a chance head up to Roosevelt where the fishing has been even better.

So Buzz, given that everything you have posted regarding the three states with guaranteed non-res tags, and I have no reason to doubt you, which of these has a hunter/applicant to tag availability ratio that Arizona has? How many residents go without tags so non-residents can hunt?

:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back