Are we really fighting Dataism?

I hope AI finishes Sheridan's 1923, Yellowstone, and 6666 without Tractor Supply pitches...
By then, Tesla will own Tractor Supply and tractors will be self driving. Given we will all be on GLP-1s the demand for corn syrup and other carbs will be so we might not even need tractors. I’m sure the ads will continue though. Most ads are for unnecessary stuff now.

By then, Tesla will own Tractor Supply and tractors will be self driving. Given we will all be on GLP-1s the demand for corn syrup and other carbs will be so we might not even need tractors. I’m sure the ads will continue though. Most ads are for unnecessary stuff now.
Tractors are damn near self driving now. mtmuley

Tractors are damn near self driving now. mtmuley
They are self-driving now! For some time Case has had a system where electronic waypoints and a computerized array is established in the field to be tilled or whatever. There is a central antenna or other communication device which keeps the proper orientation. The farmer can sit in the tractor and read a book, post on Hunt Talk, or whatever and the tractor drives itself, making all the proper turns and completing the field work without anyone touching the controls.

A Case sales rep jokingly suggested that we program the tractor to travel through town bar hopping ... with an AI designated driver!

They are self-driving now! For some time Case has had a system where electronic waypoints and a computerized array is established in the field to be tilled or whatever. There is a central antenna or other communication device which keeps the proper orientation. The farmer can sit in the tractor and read a book, post on Hunt Talk, or whatever and the tractor drives itself, making all the proper turns and completing the field work without anyone touching the controls.

A Case sales rep jokingly suggested that we program the tractor to travel through town bar hopping ... with an AI designated driver!
My family has a farm North of Shelby. The equipment used today is pretty incredible. mtmuley

It's Very easy to run a tractor with 9-10 beers under your belt. Runs increasingly better with each one.

Knowledge is power, or so the common saying goes. A more modern variant of the phrase may be “data is power.” We are in a scary position where big data algorithms know people better than they know themselves. Take Amazon for example, it will track data relating to your purchasing habits – the sorts of things you buy, search, wish list, or even talk about with friends online. I mean look at the ads on this site now, might they not be something you’ve looked at or spoken about? Whether data is a trapped bird that needs to be set free, or a dangerous beast better kept under a strong lock, only time will tell. Great topic and Book

Not another “influencer” trolling thread for click bait 😂.

I thought I’d post this interesting explanation of “datatism.” I think it summarizes my true dissatisfaction of the authenticity of society in general and I believe we’re seeing this mindset heavily infiltrate into the hunting industry.

An excerpt from the book Sapiens:
View attachment 307359View attachment 307360
I’m only 5 beers in so go easy on me and my philosophical rant 😂

Thoughts?
I have this book sitting on my chair-side table after listening to Harari being interviewed by Ari Melber. I'm only about 4 pages in so I'm wondering if you've read the whole book and what you think about it?

Not another “influencer” trolling thread for click bait 😂.

I thought I’d post this interesting explanation of “datatism.” I think it summarizes my true dissatisfaction of the authenticity of society in general and I believe we’re seeing this mindset heavily infiltrate into the hunting industry.

An excerpt from the book Sapiens:
View attachment 307359View attachment 307360
I’m only 5 beers in so go easy on me and my philosophical rant 😂

Thoughts?
Only took 5 beers to coin Datatism?

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member