Archery Pants

I stalked into 13 yards from a bedded 170"+ muley this summer and several other deer wearing my Sitka Ascents on a hot dry day out in the sage brush. I've killed a decent buck and two bulls wearing them, one of the bulls was shot at 14 yards. I have 4 years and thousands of miles on my ascents and they are still going, I don't spend a lot of time sitting but have busted quite a bit of brush with them and crawled across a lot of sage and they are going strong. They are good for me even when it is near 100deg, they shed a small amount of water but will get soaked in a heavy rain or walking though wet brush. When it gets really cold I throw on a pair of long undies under them and am good to go.

I honestly doubt there is a better all around pant made for early season hunting than the ascent pant. They are the pants the other company's and reviewers compare to. The mountain pants are ok too but don't breath as well. In all honesty you could probably walk around in shorts and a wife beater if you wanted to and still be able to get within range of plenty of animals if you know what you are doing. Animals see movement and have a super scene of smell, learning when you should move and when not to is key.

It took me a while to bite the bullet and buy some Sitka 90% pants but I am really glad I did. I wear them 100% of the time if I can keep them clean. Super well made and set up perfect for what I need. Pretty much work in about 90% of the weather conditions.... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back